Author Topic: 2015 YSU Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 160204 times)

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 YSU Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #195 on: February 01, 2015, 09:40:46 AM »
I can't stop laughing.  Go back and watch the film on Nelson and WATCH the competition. That is some of the WORST level of play you will see on film. Terrible players. Even his own team mates. He isn't that great either but the level of competition makes him look like Superman. We are in trouble.
I watched these highlights and literally fell out of my chair. Simply put this is becoming ridiculous!!
« Last Edit: February 01, 2015, 10:05:41 AM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #196 on: February 01, 2015, 10:13:58 AM »
I can't stop laughing.  Go back and watch the film on Nelson and WATCH the competition. That is some of the WORST level of play you will see on film. Terrible players. Even his own team mates. He isn't that great either but the level of competition makes him look like Superman. We are in trouble.

I cannot stop laughing at your comments. I suppose you say the same thing when we show great runs against Butler, or RMU, or St. Francis? Fever how much is Pally paying you? We already know he has a 20-spot in his pocket from Wolf. To both of your:

Coach M recruits most of the offense and all of the skill positions & I trust him implicitly. You do not even know how these guys are being used. You do not check any intangibles ...like grades. You do not have any idea who is returning for spring. Then you make comments about how young we are. We have 1 senior, 2 juniors and 3 sophs . Anyone that redshifts this year has a 2-year gap. Please, most of Ytown has smiles on their faces ...try it once.

Offline letsgoguins

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 01, 2015, 10:54:14 AM »
I talked with someone close to the coaching staff yesterday that informed me you will see more kids getting partial scholarships as opposed to full scholarships... Some of these "questionable" ones Pally and Mr. Fever are going off about are very likely partials.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 01, 2015, 12:03:22 PM »
Zack Torbet, a 6-3 WR/SS from Avon high school has committed to YSU.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/1593349/zack-torbert

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 01, 2015, 01:11:00 PM »
Look, disagree with me if you wish. I was just a h.s. Head coach.  However, Footballfever was a long time D-1 college coach. He knows more than me and I am not afraid to admit it. I will hold my comments till it's all official ,then give an overall opinion with supporting facts and analysis.

Would advise all to look at the other MVFC teams recruiting . NDS is tearing up with mainly two and three star players, many with multiple FBS offers who are committing to DNS. Filmon their players are awesome. ILS, UNI and SIU are tearing up too. We do not match up. Currently our class fals into the lower half of the MVFC recruiting. JMHO. Look at their players on film and judge for yourself. I used  Rivals, Scout, Hudl and ESPN for my info and film review of recruits.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #200 on: February 01, 2015, 02:02:40 PM »
But you say the same thing ever single solitary year; so don't act like this is something unusual. BTW, NDSU's class of 2015 is nothing. As with everyone else in our conference (and division for that matter) .. 1maybe 2 players with 2-stars ...both sub-5 rivals ratings (FYI, yo need to be close to 10 to be a 3 or 4 star recruit. Also, they recruited two LB's at 180lbs? wow ...just killer. Right now we are the only team with a 3-star recruit, in the MVFC. There will be two more that are transfers & one is coming our way.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 01, 2015, 02:15:39 PM »
Now that is funny. How quickly you  forget I named TWO of Wolfs recruiting classes the BEST in the MVFC. Explain that ?   Everyone should feel free to go to Rivals page on NDS and read for themselves. Then compare with YSU. Watch film. Don't take your word or mine. Look for yourself . Meanwhile, recruiting goes on. It is not over yet.

Spiderlegs

« Reply #202 on: February 01, 2015, 02:46:06 PM »
You guys take the stars more seriously than I do. They're just guides, and lots of good players get overlooked for one reason or another.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 01, 2015, 03:26:04 PM »
Now that is funny. How quickly you  forget I named TWO of Wolfs recruiting classes the BEST in the MVFC. Explain that ?   Everyone should feel free to go to Rivals page on NDS and read for themselves. Then compare with YSU. Watch film. Don't take your word or mine. Look for yourself . Meanwhile, recruiting goes on. It is not over yet.

Best recruiting classes filled with athletes who can't tackle.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 01, 2015, 03:27:51 PM »
Chad Krispinsky @ChadK426  ·  5m 5 minutes ago
Springfield's Mark Schuler has committed to play college football at Youngstown State @YoungstownStFB

Chad Krispinsky @ChadK426  ·  1h 1 hour ago
South Range's Joe Alessi has committed to play college football at YSU

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 01, 2015, 03:29:50 PM »
Wayne WR Chad Swanson has received an offer from YSU while on his visit this weekend.

Mike Church, a DB from Elyria has also received an offer.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/2132143/mike-church

ValleyTalk

« Reply #206 on: February 01, 2015, 05:30:20 PM »
@DMBerk: Huber Heights (OH) Wayne Sr WR @cswanson07 has committed to Youngstown State. Great get for new HC Bo Pelini http://t.co/KIGJT26Jhn

Offline DoubleE

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: February 01, 2015, 05:51:30 PM »
@DMBerk: Huber Heights (OH) Wayne Sr WR @cswanson07 has committed to Youngstown State. Great get for new HC Bo Pelini http://t.co/KIGJT26Jhn

To get a kid this big if for nothing else goaline possessions is a huge get for the program. very happy

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: February 01, 2015, 09:25:07 PM »
According to scouting ohio Joe Alessi has offers from Dayton, Marist and Army.....So to make this kid sound like he should be playing at Hiram seems a little unfair.  Appears that he is also an excellent student possible Biology or Pre-Dental major.  For the record, #11 on Patriots is about the same size and wasnt heavily recruited either...  There are diamonds in the rough so to speak..

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: February 01, 2015, 10:50:56 PM »
Glad to get Swanson!