Author Topic: 2015 YSU Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 160195 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 YSU Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #150 on: January 29, 2015, 05:20:58 PM »
Talent just isn't the same as it once was in Youngstown area. Plain and simple.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #151 on: January 29, 2015, 05:24:21 PM »
I just went to the YSU site and counted 39 players from NEO and W. Pa. on the roster.  Guess we need more "local" talent.  ;D ;D ;D

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: January 29, 2015, 06:36:30 PM »
I just went to the YSU site and counted 39 players from NEO and W. Pa. on the roster.  Guess we need more "local" talent.  ;D ;D ;D
Great point !! Include the rest of the buckeye and your probably over 50. What I do know is over 17 players out of state contribute to this program in a big way. Then again who needs the likes of Ruiz , D.Rivers , Nwadiogbu , Cejudo and others on the team. I'm not about to argue with the 4 time defending national champ Bison for drawing their recruits from the states of Florida , Texas , Arizona, , California, , Hawaii and Washington it seems to be working out fine for them..anyone wish to disagree ??☺
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 06:51:38 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: January 29, 2015, 07:34:55 PM »
WR Chad Swanson from Huber Heights Wayne had an in home visit from Montgomery last night.

Reminds me of a taller Christian Bryan. 6-3, not gonna blow anybody away with his speed but runs great routes and has good hands. And had very solid stats playing against solid D1 programs.

http://recruiting.scout.com/story/1506781-ohio-receiver-picking-up-late-interest

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/4578150/highlights/167200375

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #154 on: January 29, 2015, 07:53:29 PM »
Christian Randall-Posey, LB/TE from Penn Hills has committed to YSU.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3142782/highlights/195469386
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 07:54:23 PM by ysufan0505 »

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: January 29, 2015, 08:34:58 PM »
Christian Randall-Posey, LB/TE from Penn Hills has committed to YSU.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3142782/highlights/195469386
Versatile and athletic only 185 pounds. Strong for his size and probably a 4.7 kid or faster. Sheds blocks like a 230 pound middle linebacker should..again I have know idea where the staff might play him . There should be some different options to choose from
« Last Edit: January 29, 2015, 08:37:46 PM by FOOTBALLFEVER »

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #156 on: January 29, 2015, 09:30:55 PM »
Great point !! Include the rest of the buckeye and your probably over 50. What I do know is over 17 players out of state contribute to this program in a big way. Then again who needs the likes of Ruiz , D.Rivers , Nwadiogbu , Cejudo and others on the team. I'm not about to argue with the 4 time defending national champ Bison for drawing their recruits from the states of Florida , Texas , Arizona, , California, , Hawaii and Washington it seems to be working out fine for them..anyone wish to disagree ??☺

What are you trying to say Fever. I agree that we should recruit everywhere ...and if I was the head coach at BFEU ...I would have no choice. Quite frankly, as a local I expect recruiting to be local ...and I am not even a local. Lack of this adds to lack of ticket sales. We are arguing over nothing.

BTW, we have 26 players from within 100 miles of Youngstown ...3 graduate ...leaving 23. I am not saying it is a good number or bad. Stubbs, D'Alesio, Kelly (last few games),  Collucci (a few games) and Zaborski and the only ones that had games as a starter. Family, not fans, look at the bench. We can amke the argument that many of these are not our best players ...and we would be right. That is what I want to see changed.

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #157 on: January 30, 2015, 09:59:27 AM »

Hard to say what the scholarship situation is for these local kids also. They may be cheap partials.

What are you trying to say Fever. I agree that we should recruit everywhere ...and if I was the head coach at BFEU ...I would have no choice. Quite frankly, as a local I expect recruiting to be local ...and I am not even a local. Lack of this adds to lack of ticket sales. We are arguing over nothing.

BTW, we have 26 players from within 100 miles of Youngstown ...3 graduate ...leaving 23. I am not saying it is a good number or bad. Stubbs, D'Alesio, Kelly (last few games),  Collucci (a few games) and Zaborski and the only ones that had games as a starter. Family, not fans, look at the bench. We can amke the argument that many of these are not our best players ...and we would be right. That is what I want to see changed.

Somehow that got stuck in the middle, sorry.

Hard to say what the scholarship situation is for these local kids also. They may be cheap partials...not a bad way to fill a roster with some depth.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 01:57:21 PM by HappyPenguin »

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: January 30, 2015, 12:14:20 PM »
Isiah Scott from Hubbard has committed to YSU per Dana Balash. Fantastic pickup!

Dana Balash @DanaBalash21  ·  1m 1 minute ago
.@21WFMJSports Hubbard's Isiah Scott verbally commits to Youngstown State @BoPelini .
« Last Edit: January 30, 2015, 12:15:27 PM by ysufan0505 »

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: January 30, 2015, 12:48:47 PM »
YSU Recruit status: (Changing by the day)

James Wilson
Zak Kennedy
Gavin Wiggins
Ryan Emans
Curtis Parks
Darius Shackleford
Lamont Ragland
Avery Larkin
Armand Dellovade
DeAngelo Malone
Kyle Hegedus
Casimier Mitchell
Nathan Mays
Christian Randall-Posey
Isiah Scott

Opted out:  Adam Wollet & Malik Leonard

Time is running out, but I expect some changes prior to National signing day (Feb. 4)

Offline mvfc penguin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #160 on: January 30, 2015, 02:05:34 PM »

James Wilson
Zak Kennedy
Gavin Wiggins
Ryan Emans
Curtis Parks
Darius Shackleford
Lamont Ragland
Avery Larkin
Armand Dellovade
DeAngelo Malone
Kyle Hegedus
Casimier Mitchell
Nathan Mays
Christian Randall-Posey
Isiah Scott

Time is running out, but I expect some changes prior to National signing day (Feb. 4)

Don't forget about transfers

Avery Moss (Nebraska)
Bri'onte Dunn (Ohio State)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #161 on: January 30, 2015, 02:13:55 PM »

James Wilson
Zak Kennedy
Gavin Wiggins
Ryan Emans
Curtis Parks
Darius Shackleford
Lamont Ragland
Avery Larkin
Armand Dellovade
DeAngelo Malone
Kyle Hegedus
Casimier Mitchell
Nathan Mays
Christian Randall-Posey
Isiah Scott

Don't forget about transfers

Avery Moss (Nebraska)
Bri'onte Dunn (Ohio State)

Mark Schuler should be in there as well.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: January 30, 2015, 02:23:35 PM »
The numbers don't match. Losing 12 seniors and bringing in way more than that. Is Dunn a "done" deal cause I heard he was still "shopping" around ?

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #163 on: January 30, 2015, 02:26:17 PM »
I don't believe Dunn is close to a done deal at all... Just a rumored possibility.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #164 on: January 30, 2015, 02:33:40 PM »
And we also don't know who is all leaving besides Wheary and Nania so that can play a big factor as well.