Author Topic: 2015 YSU Football Recruiting Thread  (Read 160126 times)

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: 2015 YSU Football Recruiting Thread
« Reply #75 on: January 25, 2015, 02:51:09 PM »
Although Dellovade had no other notable offers he did have interest from the following according to 247 Sports:  Akron, Cincy, JMU and Michigan State...

http://247sports.com/Player/Armand-Dellovade-35419

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: January 25, 2015, 03:32:54 PM »
Coverage skills was something I was looking for from Hegedus as well. He is definitely a tough and physical kid with good speed and strength. Shows the ability to shed off blockers quickly without giving up much ground and tackles with really good form..likes to get after it and is a heavy hitter. I would not hesitate to let him return punts and cover kicks..He could be a impact player sooner then later..plays much bigger then his listed weight of 180..we need more blue collar kids like him

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: January 25, 2015, 03:42:46 PM »
I agree, Fever. Highlites I saw was limited to hitting on run support and not a clue what his cover skills are. St. E listed him at 5'10 but not sure he is that big which is a concern for a S vs a tall WR or big TE he might have to cover. Quick or good speed doesn't stop a size mismatch however. Could be good Special teams player.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: January 25, 2015, 05:10:10 PM »
Our safety for the previous 4 years was listed at 6'0" and couldnt cover or tackle.  So, if this kid can tackle we are further ahead...

ValleyTalk

« Reply #79 on: January 25, 2015, 05:28:51 PM »
@D1Cash Just Committed to Youngstown State University a great program on the rise🏈#penguins http://t.co/58q1kzg1nZ

Casimier Mitchell Jr. from Shaker Heights:
http://scoutingohio.com/index.php/view-profile.html?task=userProfile&user=12490

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/697124/highlights/207416378

This kid can hit on defense.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 05:45:34 PM by ValleyTalk »

Offline YSUGO

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: January 25, 2015, 06:16:54 PM »
Other than the kid from Newark looks like we are recruiting undersized football players  u can have the all the football IQ you want that won't cut against the Bison and other top teams, we saw with#8 he had all the football IQ in the world but he would go make a play and physically get beat up and swatted away like a fly. Very disappointed so far but we got a late start and this year will be a free pass.
A Penguin for life!!!

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: January 25, 2015, 07:36:55 PM »
Other than the kid from Newark looks like we are recruiting undersized football players  u can have the all the football IQ you want that won't cut against the Bison and other top teams, we saw with#8 he had all the football IQ in the world but he would go make a play and physically get beat up and swatted away like a fly. Very disappointed so far but we got a late start and this year will be a free pass.
Agreed..like Paladin said the Safety from Ed's is maybe 5"9 every other safety in the Missouri is 6"0-6"2 and the tight ends for example at N.D.S. are 6"5 and 6"6 respectively. The backers we're bringing in are to short as well and there will be mismatch problems there as well ..I have know idea what they plan to do with Mitchell from Shaker Heights I'll leave it at that

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: January 25, 2015, 09:10:30 PM »

Wolf always recruited the kids with all the measurables, but hardly any football IQ. Time to change it around.

Offline goodnews

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: January 25, 2015, 09:39:09 PM »
For what its worth, NDSU has (2) 6'0" Linebackers, 5'10" Corner but a 6'1" Safety commit.  Im not comparing anything other than size and weight.  Here is the link.

http://ndsu.247sports.com/Season/2015-Football/Commits

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: January 25, 2015, 10:07:28 PM »
Most of Bo's recruits seem to be a bit undersized, maybe a step too slow but they sure like look solid football players to me. I'm excited!

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: January 25, 2015, 11:18:38 PM »
05 -- they look like solid football players because they are. But the rub is a good 5'9 player loses out to a good 6'2 player most of the time. I'm not prepared to give Bo a pass because Wolf was in the same position and recruited a top notch class almost single handed his first class. I'd also hold off until NLOID to compare other MVFC teams recruits. I think you'll find we are behind the 8ball. The MVFC recruits VERY well. Bo will have Wolf's players who are size wise and ability level still competitive in the MVFC.

Fever has stated it well  -- you should look for mismatch problems in this class. And if the next class doesn't improve, it will be downhill fast. Time yet for more recruits. Any one have a number of schollies available this year ?

And as for Mitchell, I got to agree with you Fever. Don't know what they want there . We are already deep at RB and I'm not seeing him as much help elsewhere. I might be missing something. One thing is for sure, making friends in Cleveland with Ed's, Iggy, etc and looking at big public school players there should turn up some players.  Contacts established for future recruiting.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2015, 11:29:34 PM by paladin »

ValleyTalk

« Reply #86 on: January 26, 2015, 07:17:28 AM »
Mitchell was recruited to play OLB. Hence the reason why I said he could hit. He was not recruited to play RB per his Twitter account.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: January 26, 2015, 10:52:38 AM »
05 -- they look like solid football players because they are. But the rub is a good 5'9 player loses out to a good 6'2 player most of the time. I'm not prepared to give Bo a pass because Wolf was in the same position and recruited a top notch class almost single handed his first class. I'd also hold off until NLOID to compare other MVFC teams recruits. I think you'll find we are behind the 8ball. The MVFC recruits VERY well. Bo will have Wolf's players who are size wise and ability level still competitive in the MVFC.

Fever has stated it well  -- you should look for mismatch problems in this class. And if the next class doesn't improve, it will be downhill fast. Time yet for more recruits. Any one have a number of schollies available this year ?

And as for Mitchell, I got to agree with you Fever. Don't know what they want there . We are already deep at RB and I'm not seeing him as much help elsewhere. I might be missing something. One thing is for sure, making friends in Cleveland with Ed's, Iggy, etc and looking at big public school players there should turn up some players.  Contacts established for future recruiting.

I agree, but how many in that "great" recruiting class actually panned out? It's hit and miss on both sides. You get the athletic freaks who look good in shorts and t shirts, but have trouble actually playing football, and then you have the kids who are couple inches short or too slow, but are 4 year starters because they have the football IQ. Time to see if Bo's plan can work.

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: January 26, 2015, 11:08:20 AM »
05- the last time we saw players too short or too slow, Heacock   was doing the recruiting and it went downhill fast. Heacock had players with FB IQs, but they got  exposed  playing against bigger and faster players. We had good D coaching too. Most of you guys still don't get it -- there was nothing wrong with the players Wolf was bringing in. They  were fast, had size and playing abilities. We had a coaching problem with schemes and adjustments.   

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: January 26, 2015, 11:41:14 AM »
05- the last time we saw players too short or too slow, Heacock   was doing the recruiting and it went downhill fast. Heacock had players with FB IQs, but they got  exposed  playing against bigger and faster players. We had good D coaching too. Most of you guys still don't get it -- there was nothing wrong with the players Wolf was bringing in. They  were fast, had size and playing abilities. We had a coaching problem with schemes and adjustments.

Is that what you see now?