Author Topic: FB Players  (Read 5006 times)

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
FB Players
« on: December 18, 2014, 09:49:04 PM »
I saw a few comments from the players in the paper and all seemed positive. I know there was some talk, before Bo was hired, stating that some players may want to leave.

Anyone hearing anything else about what the players are thinking?
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline mvfc penguin

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: FB Players
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2014, 02:05:55 AM »
The players are definitely happy about the hiring!
But at the same time, the ones that we contemplating transferring are waiting for the position coaches to be named because they are the ones that spend majority of their time with the players not the head coach to contrary belief.
Assistant coaches will play as big of a factor of any in this decision.

Spiderlegs

« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2014, 08:03:12 AM »
The players are definitely happy about the hiring!
But at the same time, the ones that we contemplating transferring are waiting for the position coaches to be named because they are the ones that spend majority of their time with the players not the head coach to contrary belief.
Assistant coaches will play as big of a factor of any in this decision.

Our players will be very welcome at nearly any D-II or D-III team in the country.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 20, 2014, 11:31:33 AM »
I saw a few comments from the players in the paper and all seemed positive. I know there was some talk, before Bo was hired, stating that some players may want to leave.

More then likely some of our players will transfer when Bo brings his transfers in to take their starting positions

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #4 on: December 20, 2014, 02:29:52 PM »

More then likely some of our players will transfer when Bo brings his transfers in to take their starting positions

What have you been smoking? Bo is a coach, not a god.

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 20, 2014, 04:53:20 PM »
1AAA Fan let me be clear- First off look at mvfc penguin's previous post that is just the start. Bo wasn't part of Wolford's staff and the coach in waiting so there will be much more of a shakeup then normal. Utimately there will be transfers coming into the program and players transferring out of the program. Out of 8 returning starters or so on each side of the ball how many are sure starters for next season under Bo..None. Out of the 15 or so verbals under Wolford how many will be honored by Bo? Uncertain ..there are know gurantee's in the wake of a coaching change. Bo has been hired to field the best possible team at Y.S.U. period. He has every right to do what he thinks is best for the team. At the same token it's also risky because you never know how a team will adapt to such change. That's the risk you take with any coaching change. I really felt Wolford put together a good nucleus here for success..I just hope the majority of that stays intact..GO GUINS!!

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 20, 2014, 05:45:33 PM »
This speculation is premature.  Pelini will first assemble his staff and then look at tons of film to determine which players impress him.  That will all take time.  I do agree that if multiple transfers appear on campus at the start of the spring semester then the situation could become chaotic.