Author Topic: ISUr vs NDSU in MVFC Championship Game ( also fcs championship as well)  (Read 22889 times)

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: ISUr vs NDSU in MVFC Championship Game ( also fcs championship as well)
« Reply #30 on: December 21, 2014, 12:33:56 PM »
FWIW....I heard Tressel gave Strollo a sippy cup and a juice box after putting him in his baby seat....and then changed his diaper because he went wee wee.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline EKUFAN

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: December 21, 2014, 12:45:34 PM »
EKU had a couple of games this year with the attendance of 16,000 The playoff game was played when the students were on break and the weather was terrible. they are averaging around 10 to 12,000. Also coach Hood wanted a contract extension but was told no.

Are these numbers butts in the seats or tickets sold? If butts in the seats, and I hope so. I am impressed. We were selling those many tickets but nowhere near that many came .
   Those were actual butts in the seats

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #32 on: December 21, 2014, 01:11:31 PM »
Nation, just so you are clear. Had Ron Strollo said "no" to Bo. Pelini would not be here right now. Tressel is so far removed from Sports at this point and you obviously have no idea.

You are the same people that said Strollo should keep a short leash on Wolf ..well he did & you still complained about the one year extension. Strollo's leash on Pelini is even shorter.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: December 21, 2014, 01:30:58 PM »
Nation, just so you are clear. Had Ron Strollo said "no" to Bo. Pelini would not be here right now. Tressel is so far removed from Sports at this point and you obviously have no idea.

You are the same people that said Strollo should keep a short leash on Wolf ..well he did & you still complained about the one year extension. Strollo's leash on Pelini is even shorter.

As detailed above, Tressel had an active and vital role in the recruitment of Pelini. 

We should be glad that Strollo didn't say "no" to a winning BIG coach considering an FCS school??? :o What??!!  :o  Even by Strollo standards that would be a whole new level of ineptitude.  If he did such an outlandish thing, he should have been immediately terminated and unemployable as an AD anywhere.

I agreed w/ the contract extension of the Wolf (and wrote about it on this forum) as the Wolf record was one of continual progress.  I agreed w/ his termination....but began to have second thoughts when Strollo was courting candidates w/ inferior records to the Wolf.  It would have been insanity to replace Wolf w/ an inferior product with an inferior resume.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #34 on: December 21, 2014, 01:46:29 PM »
Obviously, but Strollo clearly does not need Tressel to tell him this. Jim Tressel in not your AD and makes few-to-no athletic decisions. He has little-to-no athletic involvement.

The candidates interviewed that were less than Wolf in tenure, but above Wolf in their history with YSU. They deserve an interview & should always be given one. FYI, Hood was so much more than Wolf.
« Last Edit: December 21, 2014, 01:52:19 PM by IAA Fan »

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: ISUr and NDSU in final 4
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2014, 08:50:18 AM »
PLEASE NDSU LOOSE!!!!!

Give it up Dan! NDSU is a FBS team in an FCS league. If UNH held ISU (r) to 21 I don't see the Red Birds scoring a bunch on NDSU. Actually, I think "IF" ISU (r) played Costal Carolina they would have lost.

NDSU 38-17