Author Topic: Let the fun begin...  (Read 31159 times)

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Let the fun begin...
« Reply #15 on: December 17, 2014, 09:29:02 PM »
05, are you a boob ? He is a PUBLIC figure, not just a FB coach. He'll make headlines. He'll be quoted, often in both his public and private talks. He is in the fishbowl, so he'll be exposed.

Some times I wonder about you. Did you graduate yet ?  ;D

I understand that, but this recording was taken while he was addressing his team in a private meeting. Not at a press conference with the media, not in an 1 on 1 interview. Gimme a break. The only headlines I care about are winning and going to the playoffs. I love the fiery passion he has. Forgive me

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 17, 2014, 09:44:40 PM »
And what if ALL the players didn't agree with his comments ? Or their parents didn't agree ( after the player told them)? There isn't any privacy as a FB coach.. with the team, players, schools, fans, etc. Best understand if you say something, no matter where, it may be used against you. Think anything you want. Just don't say it. If you said it, it becomes FACT. And, he talks like a drunk sailor. The public is going to know that very quick. There is an image problem here that may need to be addressed. Fair warning.

LIsten, the stories on Pelini are legend. The guy is a walking blopper waiting to happen. Sit back and enjoy the ride. LOts of laughs ahead.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 17, 2014, 10:10:27 PM »
And what if ALL the players didn't agree with his comments ? Or their parents didn't agree ( after the player told them)? There isn't any privacy as a FB coach.. with the team, players, schools, fans, etc. Best understand if you say something, no matter where, it may be used against you. Think anything you want. Just don't say it. If you said it, it becomes FACT. And, he talks like a drunk sailor. The public is going to know that very quick. There is an image problem here that may need to be addressed. Fair warning.

LIsten, the stories on Pelini are legend. The guy is a walking blopper waiting to happen. Sit back and enjoy the ride. LOts of laughs ahead.
And Joe Bilden is still the VP. What is your point?

ValleyTalk

« Reply #18 on: December 17, 2014, 10:16:44 PM »
Your personality and ego provide us with more than enough laughs.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 17, 2014, 10:20:42 PM »

[/quote

Can't wait. I've got my popcorn ready to go!!

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 17, 2014, 10:42:40 PM »
The "Husker Board" at Huskeronline is really chewing him up and airing dirty laundry. Wow !

kforbs126

« Reply #21 on: December 17, 2014, 11:25:58 PM »
The "Husker Board" at Huskeronline is really chewing him up and airing dirty laundry. Wow !

Sour grapes.  They fired a coach who won 9 games a season to hire a coach who didn't do sh** at Oregon State.  Nebraska will be irrelevant in a few years.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 17, 2014, 11:49:22 PM »

Just like any board does when their coach gets fired....

Lets_Talk

« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2014, 03:22:08 AM »
Double OT, not sure what Joe Biden has to do with Pelini? But, since you mentioned his name, that is a very good comparison. I voted for Obama TWICE. I love Biden, and Biden is a walking gaffe machine. It's one of the things I like most about him. He speaks his mind. He is who he is. If one likes him, they like him. If not, then oh well. Rarely a dull moment with good ole Joe. He is from Scranton, for crying out loud.  ;D

Bo is the same way. Have known him since we were 10. Bo is Bo. He has a temper, but it's not as if he becomes physically abusive with the players. He cusses alot when angry, as do alot of people and alot of coaches. He is highly emotional. With Bo, you get 100%. He's a football coach, plain and simple. The PR stuff is for the AD, SID...etc. I understand this was said in private. Thing is, in this day of cameras with phones and ability to record things, very little is private. He was speaking his mind and being honest to his players. Someone recorded it, and eventually it was leaked to the public. That type of thing does cause a headache for the AD and SID. It also influences what people think of Bo. But, he doesn't care much what people other than his family, close friends, players and coaching staff think of him.

It will be interesting to see how the local media covers YSU. One complaint I have with the media in Ytown is they seem to try and become friends with YSU coaches. Having a good relationship is great. But, there also needs to be enough separation for the media to step back and do reporting, even when it is unfavorable to YSU. That is what happens at the "big time" schools. There were alot of little things that happened when Tressel was at YSU that never made it into the paper. The kind of things that DID make it into the paper, on tv and radio talk shows in Columbus. When I lived on Park Avenue, there was a shooting one night in Fall of 98 outside Amy's Campus 2000 on Elm Street. I know football players were involved in some way, because I heard the names aof a few players being yelled. Incident started as a argument then at some point, shots were fired. I do not know the exact involvement of the football players. Do know players were involved, and it was on a Thursday night with a game on Saturday. Had that kind of thing happened in Cbus, it would have made the news. Even if the players were not guilty of doing anything wrong. But, not in Ytown, at least not when Tressel was coach.

I know a player personally that failed multiple drug tests in 96. He was a Senior, a Captain and an All American. Was finally suspended, but the reason was never made public. Failed the drug tests do to marijuana, which to me is no worse than alcohol and ought to be legal. Point is, at a place like OSU or Nebraska, media finds the EXACT reason then makes it public. I know another player who was banned from Lyden House for fighting. I know this, because I was in school as a post grad student in 97. I worked on Campus. One day, the person in charge of Housing at YSU asked me to fill in at front desk in Lyden. There was a list of all the people who were banned from entering the building. This players name was on the list. I know it was for fighting. I know because I was told that by the person who ran campus housing, and know because I asked the player. He was a starter for YSU. A good kid. But he had a temper and would fight when challenged. Again, kind of thing that would make the news in Lincoln or Cbus.

Bo ought to be entertaining. Press conferences could be fun, especially after a loss. And, NO, I'm not saying I want YSU to lose. Just pointing out he HATES TO LOSE. If he gets asked a stupid question after a loss, he just might give an answer with one or more expletives. Especially as time wears on, and inevitably riffs develop between Bo and some members of the media. Think of Slocum in press conferences after a loss, only with a longer answer and expletives.

There are going to be times he gets right up in the face of players when they come off the field. Times when if able to read his lips, the words coming on will be on the FCC's banned list. And, depending on the level of noise in the stadium, people sitting close to field on YSU sideline side may even hear him cussing. Thing is, he will also hug his players, chest bump, swear when congratulating them. Again, just Bo being Bo. Yes I rambled. Yes the post is long. To those who do not like it, to f###ing bad  :P . Pretty sure Bo Pelini would approve of that last sentence. :)
« Last Edit: December 18, 2014, 03:25:44 AM by Lets_Talk »

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2014, 06:39:20 AM »
I was referring to his comments about Pelini shooting his mouth off. Biden is the VP of the country and he shot off his mouth regularly here or aboard while representing our country. Yet, he critized a FB coach. That was the comparison. You might not agree with it or see it since you were fooled by Obama twice.

Offline YSUFANSINCE1990

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 18, 2014, 07:00:53 AM »
 For the first time since joining this board, I agree with Paladin.  Part, not all, but at least part of the reason Coach Wolford was fired was because  he and his wife not having  the most favorable image in the community.   You can't have it both ways.

That kind of language is unacceptable and cannot be tolerated.   Pelini is a leader, supposed to mold young men.  Please don't say that is 'ok' in Youngstown, that is why we get a bad rap.   Only the 'Mooney Loonies" could condone that kind of behavior.

Tressel better reel Pelini in early.

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2014, 07:32:24 AM »
For the first time since joining this board, I agree with Paladin.  Part, not all, but at least part of the reason Coach Wolford was fired was because  he and his wife not having  the most favorable image in the community.   You can't have it both ways.

That kind of language is unacceptable and cannot be tolerated.   Pelini is a leader, supposed to mold young men.  Please don't say that is 'ok' in Youngstown, that is why we get a bad rap.   Only the 'Mooney Loonies" could condone that kind of behavior.

I agree with you about that kind of language is not acceptable and I do not use it myself. However, I worked my entire career working with the labor unions in the manufacturing sector. That kind of language was rather common in the closed door meeting. I was told that was part of the culture. However, it was not used in an open meeting. To a certain extend, that culture also exists in the locker room. I was willing to be less critical on a coach for what was said in a closed session with the players in the locker room during an emotional discussion. That's all.

kforbs126

« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2014, 08:30:42 AM »

Unacceptable and can't be tolerated?  What are you 80 years old?  I can tell you plenty of leaders of this country use these words on a daily basis.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2014, 10:25:01 AM »
Has anybody actually been in a football locker room before?? Jeez oh man. Get a grip people.

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2014, 10:54:57 AM »
I just finished listening to the raw audio which was about 30 minutes long and i have to say it wasnt at all what i expected as reported by the media.  I expected a profanity laced tirade with loud volume and screaming and kicking trash cans etc.  in reality, while i didnt tally each and every word, there were about a dozen curse words used at most...in 30 minutes.  From my perspective the media projected the F word or P word every five seconds.  Now...i believe in curse words.  Lol.  There is a clear difference when saying "can you stop that please" vs. "can you fu*king stop?"   IMO the first wont likely get the same results as the latter.  Yes he did call the AD names but never once did he scream or yell.  I would relate it to a conversation about any number of topics while drinking a few beers with a buddy in my living room.  I realize that doesnt make any of it right or acceptable as the face of a football program.  But still i must say it really wasnt that bad.  The biggest problem, for me, was that Bo's comments and overall agenda was childish.  Let it go dude.  You didnt like them and they didnt like you.  It sucks.  I get it.  But you have to get over it.  Especially since he has been around a long time and seen a lot of stuff (as he pointed out a couple times.) i honestly wouldnt even categorize this as a rant.  I dont know, yes these are MY thoughts and everyone has a right to have their own opinions but i did expect to hear much worse.  With that said, he does need to grow up a bit and learn a little humility and just relax.  I dont mind the cursing, but just chill out buddy.