NDSU
8 (34.8%)
Other - namely _____
1 (4.3%)
No YSU then do not care
8 (34.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: December 16, 2013, 09:35:52 PM

Author Topic: Who are you rooting for?  (Read 14472 times)

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Who are you rooting for?
« Reply #15 on: November 26, 2013, 09:57:38 PM »
I will watch the national champ game if I don't have anything else going on............................like pulling out my fingernails with a pair of vise grips or dropping acid into my eyes.......................

I will root for Towson cause Reno Ferri coaches there.
What the he!! is a Reno Ferri?? Sounds like a boat you gamble on

Not to challenge you, but Reno Ferri is worthy of much respect. One of Mooney's best ever RB's/Athletes. But more importantly, I believed he attended, graduated and started for ARMY.

That's the "school" that graduates "student/Athletes" who are the best and brightest and who have no fear to give their lives for their country if asked to do so. They sign up for it.

Much respect from me to Coach Ferri :) fb
« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 10:16:18 PM by Pizza »

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 26, 2013, 11:07:50 PM »
They better do some massive recruiting of big, stud linemen,  linebackers that will flat out whack you and a secondary that will come up and wreck people...otherwise we are looking at the same old sh**. That means a bunch of JUCO or D1 transfers that can come in right now and terrorize teams.  I'll believe it when I see it. The glass is half empty.
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 27, 2013, 12:13:31 AM »
They better do some massive recruiting of big, stud linemen,  linebackers that will flat out whack you and a secondary that will come up and wreck people...otherwise we are looking at the same old sh**. That means a bunch of JUCO or D1 transfers that can come in right now and terrorize teams.  I'll believe it when I see it. The glass is half empty.

Wolf has them. They are just young freshman and RS freshman. They are coming.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 27, 2013, 05:43:58 PM »
I'll be candid --

I've watched this level for several decades. I have now lost all interest in the division unless YSU is in. The committee shows over and over that they will deviate from the criteria they are supposed to use to select teams   . It appears they will use any excuse to eliminate YSU. no matter their record, no matter the quality of competition they played and no matter how high they are ranked in polls. Unless YSU gets the auto-bid, they won't get in ( and I suspect some will find a way to keep them out even at that. Cheating ? Tressel ? Ohio St. ? YSU ? ).

Not interested.

Your post is exceptionally well thought out and very interesting. I won't go into the argument of "is Wolford or Strollo to blame'. I worked with both to a degree for a short period of time. One is great, and gets it. That's all I'll say.

But there is no doubt in my mind that YSU is .......and has been..... one of the best 16 1-AA football teams over the last 3-4 years. Wolford deserves credit for that. So does Strollo who hired him. They should be in the playoffs, as the early round blowouts this upcoming weekend ..of "weak league" auto-matic champion qualifiers will clearly demonstrate.

YSU/Strollo/Wolford.....will get it done. Maybe just not in the manner and time frame that we all expect.

Man and I get blamed for hitting the juice and posting LOL :)

ValleyTalk

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2013, 01:59:10 PM »
At the half in Ann Arbor, so turned on some of the FCS games on my ipad... Go watch some of these teams and look at some of these facilities. Austintown Fitch and Warren G. Harding have far superior facilities than some of these schools.

Then you see Butler, hosting... Just wow.

Amazing how this playoff expansion has watered down the field, and yet our conference still gets only 2 teams in.

As an aside, best of luck to SDSU today again NAU. Need to have them get the W over the Big Sky.

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 30, 2013, 02:57:57 PM »
I will watch the national champ game if I don't have anything else going on............................like pulling out my fingernails with a pair of vise grips or dropping acid into my eyes.......................

I will root for Towson cause Reno Ferri coaches there.
What the he!! is a Reno Ferri?? Sounds like a boat you gamble on

Not to challenge you, but Reno Ferri is worthy of much respect. One of Mooney's best ever RB's/Athletes. But more importantly, I believed he attended, graduated and started for ARMY.

That's the "school" that graduates "student/Athletes" who are the best and brightest and who have no fear to give their lives for their country if asked to do so. They sign up for it.

Much respect from me to Coach Ferri :) fb
That's fine--not being one of the local Mooney/Ursuline "worshippers", I've never heard of him. Was not meant as any disrespect.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2013, 02:58:32 PM by ItalianPenguin »

Offline JP21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 30, 2013, 04:03:45 PM »
Butler is embarrassing, hahaha.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #22 on: November 30, 2013, 04:05:31 PM »
Butler, New Hampshire, and Fordham have combined stadium capacities of 22,500. Stambaugh, 20,500.

Offline JP21

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 30, 2013, 04:13:50 PM »
Looks like Auburn does that same garbage on the extra point that Wolf does. I hate that crap, just line up and kick the extra point.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 30, 2013, 07:07:56 PM »
Butler, New Hampshire, and Fordham have combined stadium capacities of 22,500. Stambaugh, 20,500.

Lots of "1-AAA" schools in 1-AA, and in the 1-AA playoffs.  Lafayette and Butler found out today what its like to play outside of 1-AAA.  Next week, Towson will have their way with Fordham.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 30, 2013, 11:23:17 PM »
SDSU didn't even flex their muscles against NAU. Complete beatdown. Rushed for something like 344 yards had a 7 min TOP advantage, forced 3 legit TO's on defense. Hell, they ran only 3 different formations and plays.

Offline ysubigred

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 01, 2013, 12:46:05 PM »
SDSU didn't even flex their muscles against NAU. Complete beatdown. Rushed for something like 344 yards had a 7 min TOP advantage, forced 3 legit TO's on defense. Hell, they ran only 3 different formations and plays.

Hmmm.. Sounds just like the same game plan they had for YSU LOL!! When you have a big physical team that can kick people's teeth out all you need is 3 offensive plays  ;)