NDSU
8 (34.8%)
Other - namely _____
1 (4.3%)
No YSU then do not care
8 (34.8%)

Total Members Voted: 19

Voting closed: December 16, 2013, 09:35:52 PM

Author Topic: Who are you rooting for?  (Read 14473 times)

Offline guinpen

• Global Moderator
  • Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Who are you rooting for?
« on: November 25, 2013, 09:35:52 PM »
I must say that if YSU is not in the field I really do not care who wins and will not follow the games. Do not care for our league so do not care about those two teams either.
“Life is hard, it’s harder if you're stupid” - John Wayne

Offline paladin

• Emperor Penguin
  • Paladin
    • View Profile
Re: Who are you rooting for?
« Reply #1 on: November 25, 2013, 09:42:35 PM »
I'll be candid --

I've watched this level for several decades. I have now lost all interest in the division unless YSU is in. The committee shows over and over that they will deviate from the criteria they are supposed to use to select teams   . It appears they will use any excuse to eliminate YSU. no matter their record, no matter the quality of competition they played and no matter how high they are ranked in polls. Unless YSU gets the auto-bid, they won't get in ( and I suspect some will find a way to keep them out even at that. Cheating ? Tressel ? Ohio St. ? YSU ? ).

Not interested.

Offline SoupCity

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 25, 2013, 09:58:38 PM »
I second the above.

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2013, 10:07:10 PM »
I'll be candid --

I've watched this level for several decades. I have now lost all interest in the division unless YSU is in. The committee shows over and over that they will deviate from the criteria they are supposed to use to select teams   . It appears they will use any excuse to eliminate YSU. no matter their record, no matter the quality of competition they played and no matter how high they are ranked in polls. Unless YSU gets the auto-bid, they won't get in ( and I suspect some will find a way to keep them out even at that. Cheating ? Tressel ? Ohio St. ? YSU ? ).

Not interested.

Yep, exactly.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #4 on: November 25, 2013, 11:00:01 PM »
Would love to see NDSU win it all and SDSU take out some other conference foes. Can't stand the disrespect our league gets nationally, especially from Sports Network.

Offline Dmorton

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2013, 12:22:29 AM »
Hope Friggin Lafayette wins at 5-6.  Or Furman 7-5, how thye'd get in anyway!

Offline ysuindy

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2013, 08:51:02 AM »
Would love to see NDSU win it all and SDSU take out some other conference foes. Can't stand the disrespect our league gets nationally, especially from Sports Network.

I agree.

I don't care enough to watch the games, but would prefer the conference teams to do well.

Online IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2013, 09:25:44 AM »
Guys ...might I remind you that we have seen enough wins out of NDSU ...Go Jackrabbits!

Offline OleYSUfan

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 26, 2013, 10:26:02 AM »
Either SDSU or NDSU, our conference gets no respect!!!! The selection committee is soooo biased or maybe even paid off in some way. At least if our conference wins; there is some satisfaction.

Offline Penguin Nation

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2013, 05:53:38 PM »
Since they are in separate brackets, I hope that NDSU and SDSU meet in Frisco.  What a statement for the MVFC that would be.  Then I'd like to see SDSU take the trophy.
"These two cats that we played against from Youngstown State were as good of pass rushers as I've seen"

--WVU Head Coach Dana Holgorsen

Offline HLecter

• Emperor Penguin
  • I HATE MIAMI.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2013, 07:11:58 PM »
I will watch the national champ game if I don't have anything else going on............................like pulling out my fingernails with a pair of vise grips or dropping acid into my eyes.......................

I will root for Towson cause Reno Ferri coaches there.
I HATE MIAMI.  WATERBOARDING IS NOT TORTURE.  ABORTION IS.

I missed a four-footer for par the other day--THAT DAMN BUSH!

Offline Karl Hungus

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 26, 2013, 08:03:19 PM »
Lecter I thought you said you were going to shave your head with a cheese grater while chewing on aluminum foil . ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline ItalianPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 26, 2013, 08:16:42 PM »
I will watch the national champ game if I don't have anything else going on............................like pulling out my fingernails with a pair of vise grips or dropping acid into my eyes.......................

I will root for Towson cause Reno Ferri coaches there.
What the he!! is a Reno Ferri?? Sounds like a boat you gamble on

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 26, 2013, 08:48:54 PM »
Reno was terminated at Akron for NCAA recruiting violations before he went to Towson. Was he on the short list when they hired Wolford?  Is there a requirement somewhere that says we have to hire a local or a naitive?

Offline Pizza

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 26, 2013, 09:48:41 PM »
I'll be candid --

Not interested.

Your post is exceptionally well thought out and very interesting. I won't go into the argument of "is Wolford or Strollo to blame'. I worked with both to a degree for a short period of time. One is great, and gets it. That's all I'll say.

But there is no doubt in my mind that YSU is .......and has been..... one of the best 16 1-AA football teams over the last 3-4 years. Wolford deserves credit for that. So does Strollo who hired him. They should be in the playoffs, as the early round blowouts this upcoming weekend ..of "weak league" auto-matic champion qualifiers will clearly demonstrate.

YSU/Strollo/Wolford.....will get it done. Maybe just not in the manner and time frame that we all expect.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2013, 10:23:57 PM by Pizza »