Author Topic: Anyone else see this yet?  (Read 17359 times)

ValleyTalk

Re: Anyone else see this yet?
« Reply #15 on: November 06, 2013, 10:44:33 PM »
Ron Jaworski is helping us out on Twitter. Tonight he retweeted multiple tweets about #Gameday2YSU. Also the twitter account @YSUvNDSUGame has been started.

What I am getting out of all of this is the student turnout will be huge for this game. Really excited seeing this grassroots campaign take off because of this young man!

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 07, 2013, 12:42:14 AM »
Lee fitting !!!   He makes the decision....trust me....    Tweet him@@@

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 07, 2013, 03:26:21 AM »

Lakes then promote in your fan base.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #18 on: November 07, 2013, 08:06:30 AM »
The Jambar's editorial in the paper today is all about it as well:
http://www.thejambar.com/gameday2ysu/

Keep spreading the word!!!! If anything, this is getting everyone in town excited about the "what could be" next week at YSU.

Bottom line, we need to take care of UNI first!

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 07, 2013, 11:44:15 AM »
The Jambar's editorial in the paper today is all about it as well:
http://www.thejambar.com/gameday2ysu/

Keep spreading the word!!!! If anything, this is getting everyone in town excited about the "what could be" next week at YSU.

Bottom line, we need to take care of UNI first!
Agree--we haven't won in the dome since last century--UNI is banged up but we will still be the underdog in this game and Farley will definitely have them fired up--we win this next game and I'm sure we will be in.

Spiderlegs

« Reply #20 on: November 07, 2013, 09:20:54 PM »
Seems like there is more attention now on having College Gameday in Youngstown next week than beating UNI this week, even among some of the coaches and team.  This is a bad sign.  Need to take care of business this week first. Sure, UNI's offense is down and out while YSU is on a roll, but that doesn't guarantee victory.

ValleyTalk

« Reply #21 on: November 07, 2013, 09:45:42 PM »
Seems like there is more attention now on having College Gameday in Youngstown next week than beating UNI this week, even among some of the coaches and team.  This is a bad sign.  Need to take care of business this week first. Sure, UNI's offense is down and out while YSU is on a roll, but that doesn't guarantee victory.
Definitely among the fans and media, but Wolford was quick to stop all this talk on Penguin Gameday yesterday. I do fear some players are going all in on this as well.

Wolford, having this team together the night before the game, will get these guys focused. Hess and the captains need to take charge and lead us to victory.

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 07, 2013, 10:01:04 PM »
Hard to believe that Gameday will do 2 FCS teams in a year. NDSU was the first time they did this. The general public will not be as interested in this game, but gameday is not necessarily obligated to a certain game. I don't see this happening and if it did it would be similar to winning the lottery. I think that it is fun to try, but at the end of the day we need to beat a very good UNI team and our defense has been questionable. Given the fact they may have a running QB the vhallenge is iven greater. We need to take care of business.  The fans will still need to turn out for NDSU even iif we end up with a loss. Our mistakes last week could have cost us the game. If it weren't for a 4th down conversion the outcome would have likely been different

Offline YSU FAN#34

• Royal Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 07, 2013, 10:16:20 PM »
Certainly the gameday crew coming to YSU is a longshot at best.  However, other than the team and coaches, why cant we the fans do whatever we want?  Why cant we look to next week?  I love the comments by bison fans saying WE/THEY need to focus on winning the next three weeks and getting seeded and they can no longer worry about this off the field stuff.  As if THEY actually will take part in the game.  For the rest of us, who cares if we as fans look to next week.  Who cares if gameday comes here.  I tell you what i do care about...the fact that there is more buzz going on over YSU FOOTBALL in the last 48 hours than in anytime in at least the last year.  And thats good enough for me.   

GO GUINS!!!

Offline ysufan0505

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 07, 2013, 10:36:23 PM »
Baylor crushed Oklahoma. They will be undefeated going into next week, playing at Dallas Cowboys' stadium playing Texas Tech who is pretty good next week. Game day is more likely to there next week my guess would be.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 12:22:32 AM by ysufan0505 »

Spiderlegs

« Reply #25 on: November 07, 2013, 10:39:09 PM »
#34, you're right about the buzz. Imagine what will happen if there's a win over UNI this week.

Offline lakesbison

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 08, 2013, 02:42:29 AM »

I have more pull than our fanbase....espn knows that.   Its getting pimped hard

Offline TennBison

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 08, 2013, 07:31:55 AM »

I have more pull than our fanbase....espn knows that.   Its getting pimped hard
Lakes you are an idiot, you have no pull with ESPN and as for your other claim, you do not work for/with Fox Sports. Fans of YSU beware. Lakes runs back and forth between all the message boards all year long trying to self promote himself as someone he is not. He will try to fill your head with stories that he is a close personal friend of Craig Bohl, he has probably shaken hands with him and said hi but is not a friend. He will tell you he knows each of the Bison players personally, he does not, maybe knows a few due to his Team Maker status. Lakes friends back in Fargo will even try to pass him off as a reporter, he is not. Lakesbison does own/operate a alternate Bison message board that hardly gets any traffic and he does it IMO because he was banned from Bisonville and is not allowed to operate the way he wants to. So now he is a wannabe, he will tell you he knows people or is in with them when in truth he has probably sent an e-mail to ESPN and they did their customary response and Lakes now thinks he is their best friend.
 There is one thing that Lakesbison is, and that is a Bison football superfan. He is very knowledgeable about it. But in no way is he in the loop with ESPN or Fox Sports or a close personal friend of the players and/or coaches of Bison football. Lakes is a Bison Team Maker and that has probably allowed his some minor access to the people in the program. Several other Team Makers have told me at the tailgates that Lakes was booted out of Team Makers (for a period of as much as a year) and had his season tickets taken from him due to his conduct. So just watch what he tries to tell you cause it isn't all true.

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #28 on: November 08, 2013, 07:40:33 AM »
Look guys. This is all well and fine but getting rather embarrassing. However, right now we have a "reality" of our most difficult game of the season tomorrow. We have had network ESPN, ABC, and CBS at the Ice Castle many times. The last time was 2006 ...so we are due. Let's concentrate on being 3-0 over the next 3-weeks ...and even though it will not be the game day threesome of announcer, buffoon and traitor ...I think the Ice castle will see ESPN cameras once again in 2013. Let's start by forgetting NDSU ...the least probable and least needed win of the three. We travel to a first-rate team with an 11-1 record against us, over the last 12 games. We are also 0-6 against them in the UNIdome. Let's hope last week's game got us ready for crappy indoor turf ...and we take care of business from the start. See you in 5-weeks ESPN ...2.
« Last Edit: November 08, 2013, 07:43:09 AM by IAA Fan »

ValleyTalk

« Reply #29 on: November 10, 2013, 09:34:29 AM »
Looks like plenty of you guys were wrong...

@leefitting (College Gameday Producer): Yes. #Youngstown State, hosting @NDSUathletics was in the mix for @CollegeGameDay this week, until they lost last night. Next time.

They chose USC vs. Stanford instead.