Author Topic: Comments on Top Storylines  (Read 2822 times)

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
Comments on Top Storylines
« on: June 29, 2013, 10:20:17 AM »
Well #3 this was the first real nothing. The anniversary of Beeghly deserves a top storyline. Stambaugh anniversary was the previous year. Football had one accomplishment, they beat a IA/BCS team. That game and only that game is an accomplishment. I would have given up that win in a second, for the post-season and maybe a title. We could not even enjoy our win over UNI, as they were a poor team. Let's see if we can do it this year, when UNI will not be as young. If the Panthers are not any better ...Farley will be retiring.

Offline GuinsAndNoles

• Humboldt Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Comments on Top Storylines
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2013, 03:16:40 PM »
I disagree that UNI was a poor team. I think they were a strong team that lost some very tough games early and became a bit disheartened with the playoffs quickly and suddenly out of reach. I think that was a good win for us.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Comments on Top Storylines
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2013, 07:16:49 PM »
Not too much to argue about with this list.  Featuring Brandi Brown at the top was the ultimate no-brainer.  All-American performance on the court and inside the classroom.  I was surprised and satisfied that they did not over-emphasize the win over Pittsburgh which was nice and, as we just saw, helpful with recruiting but otherwise just a bright spot in another tough football season.