YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU VS OAKLAND

<< < (3/3)

mudclods:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on January 18, 2024, 12:04:40 AM ---Bad loss for YSU.  Now we need to win the next two games on road.    Detroit and IUPUI  both had good games tonight.   We need to be prepared and play a full 40 minutes.     Cannot afford another loss in the league.

--- End quote ---

Yeah Detroit has been playing more competitive. It's hard to believe they haven't won a game yet.  YSU has won 4 straight against Detroit and 7 of the last 9 after losing 12 straight to them.  You never know how IUPUI plays.  PFW was a 17.5 favorite.  Hard to imagine what's happened to them.

Oakland is off for a week now before going on the road to Green Bay and Milwaukee, which won't be easy games.

Double ET:
My observation is that Rush was lacking intensity and focus in several games.

In the Oakland game, I think he was losing focus. It looked like he was not focusing on the play when he missed those two free throws (as if he was going through the motion just to toss them towards the basket).

Coming off the timeout of our possession with us down 1 and inbounding the ball to have a chance to win the game with the last shot, he didn’t focus to make sure that he could pass the ball to his teammate. Oakland didn’t even pressure him on the inbound. He just casually tossed the ball to Thompson who was closely guarded with plenty of time left of the 5 seconds limit. Oakland made the layoff to go up by 3.

I really think lacking focus, for whatever reason, was part of his problems this year.

mudclods:

--- Quote from: Double ET on January 18, 2024, 09:06:28 AM ---My observation is that Rush was lacking intensity and focus in several games.

In the Oakland game, I think he was losing focus. It looked like he was not focusing on the play when he missed those two free throws (as if he was going through the motion just to toss them towards the basket).

Coming off the timeout of our possession with us down 1 and inbounding the ball to have a chance to win the game with the last shot, he didn’t focus to make sure that he could pass the ball to his teammate. Oakland didn’t even pressure him on the inbound. He just casually tossed the ball to Thompson who was closely guarded with plenty of time left of the 5 seconds limit. Oakland made the layoff to go up by 3.

I really think lacking focus, for whatever reason, was part of his problems this year.

--- End quote ---

I think you're spot on.  I've noticed it myself in several games this year, you can almost see the lack of intensity and maybe it occurs when he doesn't knock down shots, I'm not sure.  He was so good last year too at attacking the rim and it seems he struggles with that this year.

His FG% last year was 47.8%, this year is just 37.9%.  His 3% is down from 38% to 31%.  And his ppg is down from 13.9 to 12.7.  Last year he only had 9 games under double figures with 5 of them scoring 8 or 9 points.  He already has 8 games under double figures this year including 3 of the last 4 and 4 of the last 6, which is concerning.  In the league, Rush is avg just 10.4 and his 3% is under 30%

In the 2 games against Oakland, he's only totaled 11 points.

Dmorton:
Good Luck not losing any more games in the league as competitively even as it is!

ucfpengbuck:
You Know it's going to be tough night when Oakland twice knocked in 3 pointers off the glass.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version