YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU VS OAKLAND

(1/3) > >>

YsuPride:
YSU plays Oakland Wednesday at 7pm on the road.  Oakland is on a roll so it means alot to play an aggressive schedule to start the season.  We will need  to start off strong and not fall behind early.  All players will need to focus on beating Oakland.  They are beatable at home though. It will take a good shooting performance and good defense to pull out the win.  I know and trust in the coaches to get them ready.  Rush needs to have a good game.  I like our chances on the road.

Double ET:
After watching our games against Oakland and Wright State, coach probably would extend the defense out to the 3 point line to stop the 3 balls and put our big dude in the middle to discourage the penetrations.
We can’t afford to let Oakland to shoot 70+ % from beyond the arc again.

YsuPride:
True. 

mudclods:
YSU is a 3.5 point underdog.  YSU can't get dominated on the glass and give up so many 3's that killed them last time.

Oakland and GB are at 6-2 in the league and with YSU at 5-2 it's a really good opportunity for YSU especially with Detroit and IUPUI up next before coming home to face NKU.  You'd hate to fall 1.5 games behind Oakland and lose the tiebreaker.  Oakland has won 5 straight starting with their win against YSU.

GB plays at Wright State Thursday & at NKU Saturday followed up by home against Oakland so that's going to be a tough stretch for them. 

YsuPride:
Mudclods I cannot agree enough.   Big game tonight.  They are beatable at home too.   Earlier they got destroyed by PFW.  Mindset has ro be 100% defensively.   Offense comes off of defensive.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version