YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU and the Portal

<< < (5/15) > >>

YsuPride:
Medvec in portal too

go guins:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on December 06, 2023, 02:52:08 PM ---Medvec in portal too

--- End quote ---
Medvac SHOULD be in portal. He can kick and he can't kick for us. That's the good of the portal. BTW I'm a big BB guy at qb. I think o will be fine and d sucked anyway, so who cares? . The only portal guy I want is Howard. Let's see what we pick up.

nova75:
The portal and NIL will kill this level of football. My brother teaches at Fitch. Pitt was there visiting some recruits. They give each scholarship player a minimum of $22k per year. It has always been hard to recruit at the FCS level. But why would anyone choose an FCS school over FBS? Nova has rarely been able to out recruit the likes of Temple and Rutgers. NIL and the portal will make that impossible going forward.

guinpen:

--- Quote from: nova75 on December 06, 2023, 06:48:41 PM ---The portal and NIL will kill this level of football. My brother teaches at Fitch. Pitt was there visiting some recruits. They give each scholarship player a minimum of $22k per year. It has always been hard to recruit at the FCS level. But why would anyone choose an FCS school over FBS? Nova has rarely been able to out recruit the likes of Temple and Rutgers. NIL and the portal will make that impossible going forward.

--- End quote ---

Pardon me if I am naive, but does that 22k include tuition and housing or is it free money?

nova75:
Pure money in the pocket

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version