YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

YSU and the Portal

<< < (4/15) > >>

peteonastick:
As we know DP has not utilized the portal in the past but now he has to get aggressive and rebuild a gutted, although, weak defense. Again. Not sure if it was coaching schemes and lack of preparation, lack of talent, lack of attitude, or a combination of all of it but this is where we are today on college coaching and sports.

YSUGO:
Okay everyone don’t forget if they already used their eligibility they can transfer for 1 yr for grad school.  I don’t know how many have used their 4 years

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: peteonastick on December 06, 2023, 07:51:17 AM ---As we know DP has not utilized the portal in the past but now he has to get aggressive and rebuild a gutted, although, weak defense. Again. Not sure if it was coaching schemes and lack of preparation, lack of talent, lack of attitude, or a combination of all of it but this is where we are today on college coaching and sports.

--- End quote ---

Do you have a link to the portal?

My thoughts are it's both coaching and talent... YSU was way small and too weak up front. The secondary would have been better served having Stevie Wonder back there at least he could have bumped into someone.

Let's hope the coaching staff and talent on D gets upgraded.

As they always say: don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out.

On another note: the portals I've seen with all FBS players on it has no shortage of QB's. I like BB and think he can do the job. Him and the other young gun slingers may need another year...

We'll find out soon enough "IF" this D project will work.. Nova is the 1st game of the season in Philly. Although they lose 26 6th year SR's so there is that.

GooooooGuins!!

Wick250:
We know that Howard is good, based on the offers that he is receiving. Let's see where the others end up. G5 or D2/3. That will give us a strong indication whether our bad defense was due to coaching or a lack of talent. Either way we have a defensive crisis: bad recruiting or bad coaching.

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on December 06, 2023, 10:52:36 AM ---We know that Howard is good, based on the offers that he is receiving. Let's see where the others end up. G5 or D2/3. That will give us a strong indication whether our bad defense was due to coaching or a lack of talent. Either way we have a defensive crisis: bad recruiting or bad coaching.

--- End quote ---

He's one of three on this I'm concerned about. The LB play was the only thing on the D with a passing grade.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version