YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Milwaukee

<< < (5/7) > >>

mudclods:
Thought that was pretty much a total team effort.  Thought everyone played well other than Brandon Rush struggled shooting.  The points off turnovers, 32-6, was incredible and that was the big key.  Had YSU shot their average they probably would have won by 40.  Adrian Nelson has been unbelievable of late.  It's hard to believe he wasn't a starter at NKU.  Noticed Covington didn't play again. 

I had originally thought only the top 4 got a first round bye, but it's actually 5; however, the 5th seed goes on the road to play the 4th seed.  The win guaranteed YSU of at least a top 4 seed

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: GoGuins on February 17, 2023, 09:22:10 AM ---
--- Quote from: YsuPride on February 15, 2023, 12:05:11 PM ---RED OUT.  WEAR EWD EVERYONE!!!!!!
For sole possession of 1st place

--- End quote ---

Haven’t been on this board for a long time & don’t see a reply or new post button, so had to use the quote feature.

Was at the game, my first in many years. Very impressed with the overall play & athleticism. I sat in the section behind Milwaukee’s bench. One question, why don’t they use the upper level bleachers on the one side? Ticket sales? I would have thought they could have at least half filled it, maybe sold it out?

--- End quote ---

They use that side for pregame festivities for the students. Have tables and chairs set up, food and drinks and t shirt giveaway and stuff like that.

YsuPride:
Another reason we need a complete remodel of Beeghly like this off season.  Loges are needed.   That is why they use the side without upper bleachers.   My guess is a remodel soon or we lose Calhoun.  He mentions that we need an update to the arena like now.   I hope they have a plan in place or we cannot keep Coach very much longer. He is a hot commodity.

Dmorton:
Other high-profile programs are going to be knocking down our doors to convince Coach to leave YSU!

GoGuins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on February 17, 2023, 04:40:32 PM ---
--- Quote from: GoGuins on February 17, 2023, 09:22:10 AM ---
--- Quote from: YsuPride on February 15, 2023, 12:05:11 PM ---RED OUT.  WEAR EWD EVERYONE!!!!!!
For sole possession of 1st place

--- End quote ---

Haven’t been on this board for a long time & don’t see a reply or new post button, so had to use the quote feature.

Was at the game, my first in many years. Very impressed with the overall play & athleticism. I sat in the section behind Milwaukee’s bench. One question, why don’t they use the upper level bleachers on the one side? Ticket sales? I would have thought they could have at least half filled it, maybe sold it out?

--- End quote ---

They use that side for pregame festivities for the students. Have tables and chairs set up, food and drinks and t shirt giveaway and stuff like that.

--- End quote ---

That’s nice for the students, but they’re losing out on revenue for the program IMO tickets, concessions, & parking. I’m sure they could find somewhere else in Beeghly to host their activities

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version