YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Milwaukee

<< < (6/7) > >>

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: GoGuins on February 18, 2023, 02:31:52 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on February 17, 2023, 04:40:32 PM ---
--- Quote from: GoGuins on February 17, 2023, 09:22:10 AM ---
--- Quote from: YsuPride on February 15, 2023, 12:05:11 PM ---RED OUT.  WEAR EWD EVERYONE!!!!!!
For sole possession of 1st place

--- End quote ---

Haven’t been on this board for a long time & don’t see a reply or new post button, so had to use the quote feature.

Was at the game, my first in many years. Very impressed with the overall play & athleticism. I sat in the section behind Milwaukee’s bench. One question, why don’t they use the upper level bleachers on the one side? Ticket sales? I would have thought they could have at least half filled it, maybe sold it out?

--- End quote ---

They use that side for pregame festivities for the students. Have tables and chairs set up, food and drinks and t shirt giveaway and stuff like that.

--- End quote ---

That’s nice for the students, but they’re losing out on revenue for the program IMO tickets, concessions, & parking. I’m sure they could find somewhere else in Beeghly to host their activities

--- End quote ---

Well that would require a competent marketing and administration department ;)

YsuPride:
Strollo walks around the arena like he cannot be bothered.  IDK.  It seems like he is bidding his time for retirement or something.  State of Ohio has if you put 20 years in the stare system you qualify for retirement i believe.  Correct me if I am wrong.    WE NEED A NEW ARENA NOW

YsuPride:
Stare should be state system.  My bad

BushwoodCC:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on February 18, 2023, 11:41:45 PM ---Strollo walks around the arena like he cannot be bothered.  IDK.  It seems like he is bidding his time for retirement or something.  State of Ohio has if you put 20 years in the stare system you qualify for retirement i believe.  Correct me if I am wrong.    WE NEED A NEW ARENA NOW

--- End quote ---

Have you ever thought of just going up and talking to him instead of claiming on a message board he doesn't want to be bothered? He will talk to you if you make the effort.

Wick250:
"WE NEED A NEW ARENA NOW"

Nobody would disagree with Pride's statement.  Here is where the reality check rears its ugly head.

Within the past year, we just completed a ma$$ive fund-raising project.  The goal was 100 million that many thought was impossible to attain.  We ended up reaching 125 million, a testament to Tressel and Paul McFadden. Going back to those same donors so soon is just not feasible.

Remember that the construction of the media center in Stambaugh stadium was delayed for a year because we were having trouble raising enough funds to complete the project.

The best that we can hope for is replacing the seats in our venerable gym.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version