YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Milwaukee

<< < (4/7) > >>

GoGuins:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on February 15, 2023, 12:05:11 PM ---RED OUT.  WEAR EWD EVERYONE!!!!!!
For sole possession of 1st place

--- End quote ---

Haven’t been on this board for a long time & don’t see a reply or new post button, so had to use the quote feature.

Was at the game, my first in many years. Very impressed with the overall play & athleticism. I sat in the section behind Milwaukee’s bench. One question, why don’t they use the upper level bleachers on the one side? Ticket sales? I would have thought they could have at least half filled it, maybe sold it out?

PENS16:
Probably because until this season it made Beeghley look empty. If we have another year like this they will need those stands. I was there when Valpo was here in 2000 and it was jammed with 6,000 fans. The announced crowd last night was 4,400 but I don’t believe it counts students. This is the best student body we have ever had for basketball.

GoGuins:

--- Quote from: PENS16 on February 17, 2023, 09:48:26 AM ---Probably because until this season it made Beeghley look empty. If we have another year like this they will need those stands. I was there when Valpo was here in 2000 and it was jammed with 6,000 fans. The announced crowd last night was 4,400 but I don’t believe it counts students. This is the best student body we have ever had for basketball.

--- End quote ---

I was at those Valpo games when Bryce Drew played. One of those games, I sat in the 1st row of the bleachers behind the basket. I see those are gone now, probably have been for many years. Those were great seats

Dmorton:
Of course, we are back in the bracketology consideration playing Baylor in the latest version!  Still have plenty of work to do before getting there!

ucfpengbuck:
I know I'm beating a dead hores but in the 70s during Jeff Covington era those bleachers were never pushed in.  Many games they had fire marshall nightmares.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version