YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Fresno State

<< < (3/6) > >>

Penquin68:
Their bigs were too much for us and with Akuchie gone in the 2nd half we were done. Played them closer than the talent of the teams would indicate so that is good. Unfortunately costly turnovers with careless passes in the 2nd half really hurt us and were not due to a talent differnce in my opinion, just loosing focus and making some passes that were easily intercepted. But the size difference was the major problem all game with them getting many easy baskets and causing us difficulty on offense.

Dwayne Cohill is the real deal; sure hope he stays.  Will Dunn can be significant with improvement and Mays can be a contributor. Not sure about the rest of our returning team and how much they can grow as players over the off season. Who stays and who goes and who comes in to supplement our group will be key for next year. It can happen as you look around basketball.  Look at the improvement of Cleveland State in a short time and look at St Peters in the NCAA; not much more of a recruiting environment than we have in my opinion. Maybe I am too optomistic but I sure hope we can do it.

YSU1:
Don't forget that Fresno had two starters that were hurt and another guy that was plaing hurt.  they were playing subs some of whom saw little time during the season.

ucfpengbuck:
Penguin68,I see no reason why Cohill would leave.  He's going to be the face of the program .   Would love to see him at point next season and if Covington comes back and the addition of Brandon Rush would give some real fire power with a 3 guard offense.

Dmorton:
I don't care who they had out!  YSU gave a good effort and accounting of themselves against one of the top four Mountain West schools. 

goodnews:
To compare St Peters recruiting area to Youngstown is like comparing Ohio weather to Florida.  St Peters is in Jersey City and close to NYC and Philly.  The biggest challenge is finding kids that qualify for college.  Lots of street ballers on the east coast. Physical, gifted and fearless.  However,  most dont understand team concept.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version