YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Fresno State

<< < (6/6)

Double ET:

--- Quote from: Dmorton on April 04, 2022, 04:11:50 PM ---I would think at least 23-25 game!

--- End quote ---
In that case, Naz and Q could have very well experienced the big dance without having to transfer out. How ironic!

Dmorton:
Yep!  How did that work for them? 

Dmorton:
I must agree, I hate the transfer portal.  How in the heck are you supposed to build a program the right way?

ucfpengbuck:
Everyones seems to agree that the portal hurts the the mid-major and works well for the big conference schools but YSU took Owen Long who was the leading scorer on his D2 team and Tevin Olison who was the leading scorer at his NAIA team.   Just saying mid-majors are bullying in their own way.

As far as not having Q,Naz,and Garrett.  I can only say that the portal gave us Cohill and Olison which might have been a wash only because Q's history of injuries in which he missed games at Fordham and his shooting % was not great this year.  Losing Naz was a bigger blow along with Covington going down. No doubt if they all came back and health was not a factor this team would have been scary good.

Really think Cohill is going to have a monster season and should be a 1st team all Horizon type.  Still thinking about the Fresno broadcast team that thought Dwayne was the best guard they saw all season.

Also did everyone see where Naz declared for the NFL draft.  I quess he'll try to make it as as a TE.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version