YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Season over

<< < (3/5) > >>

Double ET:

--- Quote from: dwj on April 15, 2021, 11:22:39 AM ---Kind of ironic the coach who has been stressing that the players not quit & keep going till the end of the game quits.  And it makes us look like a bunch of pu$$ys instead of or blue collar tough nose image that he talks about.

--- End quote ---
I had similar reaction when I heard the cancellation. At first, I thought ND had COVID-19 issues again until I learned that it was us.

It is hard for me to digest. The coach has stressed two things continuously since he took over the program. One, this is Youngstown and we have this tough, hard working  & never quit attitude, even during tough times. Second, our players can only getting better by playing the game and they don’t get better by just practicing.

By canceling the game, he failed on both.

goodnews:
Maybe the coach knows more than we do about why UND canceled the originally scheduled game? Non the less , YSU football is a shell of its self at this point. We'll be fortunate to win 3 maybe 4 games in the fall. You have to assume we'll lose every road game so realistically only 2 wins.

dwj:
I hope the coaches are using the downtime researching the transfer portal.  We need immediate help on offense OL, QB the top 2 don't appear to be D1 talent, WR can't get open and can't catch when they are, RB we have a good back in JM but we need backup to spell him hopefully someone with size.

Missouri State did a good job in getting help hopefully our coaches can do the same.

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: goodnews on April 15, 2021, 12:43:06 PM ---Maybe the coach knows more than we do about why UND canceled the originally scheduled game? Non the less , YSU football is a shell of its self at this point. We'll be fortunate to win 3 maybe 4 games in the fall. You have to a$$ume we'll lose every road game so realistically only 2 wins.

--- End quote ---

This team showed sparks of good football and competed with just about every team they played, they are young and inconsistent but I think they could be a really good team in the fall. QB situation needs to improve but our running game was remarkable considering our young oline. If we can run the ball we can compete in the MVFC

Double ET:

--- Quote from: dwj on April 17, 2021, 10:55:19 AM ---I hope the coaches are using the downtime researching the transfer portal.  We need immediate help on offense OL, QB the top 2 don't appear to be D1 talent, WR can't get open and can't catch when they are, RB we have a good back in JM but we need backup to spell him hopefully someone with size.

Missouri State did a good job in getting help hopefully our coaches can do the same.

--- End quote ---

So, what has happened to our 3 star QB Freshman recruit? Are our coaches writing him off?
Wade played in 4 games in his redshirt freshman year.  I hope Crenshaw gets to play in a few games in the fall even if DP decides to redshirt him.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version