YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Season over

<< < (4/5) > >>

Penquin68:
Really don't understand cancelling this last game.  Give those that don't play a chance to show they can or can not play at this level.  The real reason may be $ and not decided by DP.  Who knows. I would sure like to see the QBs that never played and others.  Yes it may be a big loss, but the season is over anyway. May never find our the real reason. DP last week keep talking negatively about the teams that quit the season and this week he joins them!

Double ET:

--- Quote from: Penquin68 on April 18, 2021, 10:25:24 AM ---Really don't understand cancelling this last game.  Give those that don't play a chance to show they can or can not play at this level.  The real reason may be $ and not decided by DP.  Who knows. I would sure like to see the QBs that never played and others.  Yes it may be a big loss, but the season is over anyway. May never find our the real reason. DP last week keep talking negatively about the teams that quit the season and this week he joins them!

--- End quote ---

Having been part of the YSU faculty rank for a long time, it would not surprise me that the decision was made way above DP’s pay grade.
DP might just step up and own it. Just saying.

Wick250:
I doubt that this decision was driven by finances.  If money were the issue, we would have canceled the season before the expensive road trips to Western Illinois and Missouri State.

go guins:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on April 18, 2021, 12:45:04 PM ---I doubt that this decision was driven by finances.  If money were the issue, we would have canceled the season before the expensive road trips to Western Illinois and Missouri State.

--- End quote ---
And you don't think ND cancelled because they didn't want to come to OH? 

YSUFANSINCE1990:
  This was 100% a DP call.  Strollo actually wanted to play the game and Tressel let DP make the call.  Phillips knew without McLaughlin, Waid, and Lenton all injured, this would likely be a rout.  Also several players last week went into the portal, including cornerback Dee Ford.

Move was weak, especially when DP said that he would only do this if he lost a starting unit to Covid.  Finances not an issue at all with a home game.  Had this been a scheduled road game, then maybe a factor.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version