YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

And so it begins

<< < (4/16) > >>

Kandrase:

--- Quote from: go guins on July 13, 2020, 09:30:34 AM ---
--- Quote from: ysuhoops24 on July 10, 2020, 05:06:11 PM ---I just don't see the Penguins taking the field in 2020.  Not trying to be negative but I'm being a realist.

--- End quote ---
Without a widely available vaccine by "game time" I would tend to agree.  IF we have a vaccine, they LET'S GO GUINS!
I don't get the "conference only" concept.  It is like you can't mingle with strangers, but it is OK to mingle with friends??!?!  Like friends can't carry the virus?  Playing Northern Iowa is OK, but paying Iowa State would be too dangerous?!?!?  WTF is anybody thinking about with this?!?!?1

--- End quote ---

I believe the rationale for conference only schedule is that conference members can collectively agree on safety protocols, if the Big ten collectively agrees on sideline masks and twice a week testing for example , they’ll feel comfortable playing teams they know have the same focus on safety but if they play OOC they won’t know and may not agree with how those other teams are handling things

The YO Show:
It may just be me, but it doesn't matter if all are "following the same protocols" the safety provided by doing that is minimal to say the least. In the grand scheme of things, over the course of a season it will minimally prevent spread of COVID19. I wish more legitimate and concrete moves were being made, but doing something is better than nothing I suppose.

I really doubt though that this will prevent any outbreaks in Big10 schools. Hell schools have spread and no games are being played, just practice! More honest idea would be to move the season to the spring as sad as that is.

go guins:

--- Quote from: Kandrase on July 13, 2020, 01:09:50 PM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on July 13, 2020, 09:30:34 AM ---
--- Quote from: ysuhoops24 on July 10, 2020, 05:06:11 PM ---I just don't see the Penguins taking the field in 2020.  Not trying to be negative but I'm being a realist.

--- End quote ---
Without a widely available vaccine by "game time" I would tend to agree.  IF we have a vaccine, they LET'S GO GUINS!
I don't get the "conference only" concept.  It is like you can't mingle with strangers, but it is OK to mingle with friends??!?!  Like friends can't carry the virus?  Playing Northern Iowa is OK, but paying Iowa State would be too dangerous?!?!?  WTF is anybody thinking about with this?!?!?1

--- End quote ---

I believe the rationale for conference only schedule is that conference members can collectively agree on safety protocols, if the Big ten collectively agrees on sideline masks and twice a week testing for example , they’ll feel comfortable playing teams they know have the same focus on safety but if they play OOC they won’t know and may not agree with how those other teams are handling things

--- End quote ---
If you don't agree, you don't play.  The "testing twice a week" comment highlights just how ineffective a test is.  You don't know from day to day if you have been infected and can spreed the virus. I repeat my position, if it is safe to play somebody from in the conference, then it can be equally safe to play somebody from outside the conference.

Double ET:
I fail to see how playing the North and South Dakota, over a thousand miles away would be safer than playing Akron 50 miles away

IAA Fan:
I do not think it is safety, I agree that it is common protocols. Also, most conference games do not begin until October. I just adds another 4-6 weeks

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version