YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

And so it begins

<< < (3/16) > >>

IAA Fan:
I see us going the same as the Big-10 and Pac-10, with conference only, especially since most Mountain schools play Pac-10 & they in turn also play MVFC schools. However for YSU, I see no reason to cancel Akron, unless the MAC makes a move. Duquesne is a short drive from Pittsburgh, so that should go as well. EKU is out

IAA Fan:
https://www.freep.com/story/sports/college/2020/07/09/big-ten-football-schedule-mid-american-conference-coronavirus/5408707002/

The MAC plans to move forward as scheduled by competing in as many non-conference games as possible. What leaves Steinbrecher scratching his head, however, is the timeline of the Big Ten's choice that puts his member schools further in the hole. "Our interest was in playing a full schedule," Steinbrecher said.

ysuhoops24:
I just don't see the Penguins taking the field in 2020.  Not trying to be negative but I'm being a realist. 

go guins:

--- Quote from: ysuhoops24 on July 10, 2020, 05:06:11 PM ---I just don't see the Penguins taking the field in 2020.  Not trying to be negative but I'm being a realist.

--- End quote ---
Without a widely available vaccine by "game time" I would tend to agree.  IF we have a vaccine, they LET'S GO GUINS!
I don't get the "conference only" concept.  It is like you can't mingle with strangers, but it is OK to mingle with friends??!?!  Like friends can't carry the virus?  Playing Northern Iowa is OK, but paying Iowa State would be too dangerous?!?!?  WTF is anybody thinking about with this?!?!?1

guinpen:

--- Quote from: go guins on July 13, 2020, 09:30:34 AM ---
--- Quote from: ysuhoops24 on July 10, 2020, 05:06:11 PM ---I just don't see the Penguins taking the field in 2020.  Not trying to be negative but I'm being a realist.

--- End quote ---
Without a widely available vaccine by "game time" I would tend to agree.  IF we have a vaccine, they LET'S GO GUINS!
I don't get the "conference only" concept.  It is like you can't mingle with strangers, but it is OK to mingle with friends??!?!  Like friends can't carry the virus?  Playing Northern Iowa is OK, but paying Iowa State would be too dangerous?!?!?  WTF is anybody thinking about with this?!?!?1

--- End quote ---

I agree with the conference only thinking, makes no sense to me. It's like they feel that they have to do something, but they do not have the balls to pull the plug. Can't imagine the pressure the folks in charge are getting from all sides.

Assuming that a vaccine is ready by then I like the idea of moving games to the spring. Of course scheduling lodging, transportation and such would be a nightmare.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version