YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

And so it begins

<< < (5/16) > >>

go guins:

--- Quote from: Double ET on July 14, 2020, 01:09:53 PM ---I fail to see how playing the North and South Dakota, over a thousand miles away would be safer than playing Akron 50 miles away

--- End quote ---
I get what you are saying, but this may not be the best example.  I'd much rather play in SD, ND than Akron.  I think there are more deaths in Akron than either of the STATES of ND, and SD. 

go guins:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on July 14, 2020, 01:21:17 PM ---I do not think it is safety, I agree that it is common protocols. Also, most conference games do not begin until October. I just adds another 4-6 weeks

--- End quote ---
Who cares a twit about common protocols if they aren't focused on safety?  Sometimes you lose me.

guinpen:
College football season in the spring? Support for the concept is growing

The 2020 college football season is already certain to be played amid unprecedented circumstances. Would shifting the entire season to the spring be a bridge too far for CFB stakeholders?

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29456649/a-spring-2021-college-football-season-coronavirus-impacted-schedule-look-like

IAA Fan:
Yes it would. Might as well cancel it. I live in Columbus. All fans plan vacations and in other ways schedule their lives around it. Then again, isn't cancellation what the media wants anyways?

Penguin Nick:
I could see the season starting in the fall, than after a huge spike in infections, being canceled and then postponed till spring.  Your record from the fall will be carried over to the spring (and that's if a vaccine is discovered).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version