YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Camp Thread

<< < (3/13) > >>

ytownchief22:
Mallory, Braswell and St. Surin are a pretty good top 3. Sprinkle in some of the young speedsters who may or may not redshirt and it's a decent group. I think Hawkins (If healthy) and Joiner are a really good TE duo. But like I said, the biggest question is someone to get them the ball.

ytownchief22:
Have heard good things about DT DeMarko Craig so far this camp. Could be a starter along side Wes. Trying to build depth behind them. Bynum, Reed, Richmond, Cook and James Jackson at DE.

It'll be a combination of Randall-Posey, Cash and Ray Anderson at LB.

The usual customers at DB with DJ Smalls, Melvin Jackson, Bryce Gibson with some others worked in.

Zaire obviously has the leg up on one safety spot.

ytownchief22:
Zaire showing real skills and leadership at safety. Guy is a stud back there.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on August 01, 2019, 10:33:20 PM ---Zaire showing real skills and leadership at safety. Guy is a stud back there.

--- End quote ---

Good to hear. Seems to have been a weak spot for some time now.

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on July 31, 2019, 10:39:25 PM ---Mallory, Braswell and St. Surin are a pretty good top 3. Sprinkle in some of the young speedsters who may or may not redshirt and it's a decent group. I think Hawkins (If healthy) and Joiner are a really good TE duo. But like I said, the biggest question is someone to get them the ball.

--- End quote ---
"if healthy" are two pretty important words.  And if you had Jarvis Landry and OBJ at WR and me throwing them the ball, we wouldn't get far!  Now Mays and Craycraft certainly shouldn't be compared to me, but I don't see anybody comparing them to NDSU's Wentz or Stick or SDSU's Christion or, or, or, you could go on for ever.  I'd be happy if someone said they could grow into a Hunter Wells.  Now all I read is "Mays is going to be better than he was last year."  Last year he was the worst QB in the MVFC so the bar is pretty damn low! 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version