YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

The Steel Tire

<< < (3/10) > >>

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: YsuPride on February 13, 2019, 06:21:30 PM ---Exciting. Better than playing a joke team. Plus we can drive there in 1 hour.  Rather play a power 5 team but we have a chance to beat a 1a team.  Who is Akrons new coach?

--- End quote ---

Tom Arth. Former John Carroll head coach.

guinpen:
Do not like it at all, they put the screws to us and I have a long memory. No home game, no interest.

They are very low level 1A, if we win not a lot of upside unless we really blow them out. If we lose it looks bad to the playoff selection committee, hurts local recruiting and will tick me off.

Will have to see what the payday will be but will be surprised if it is worth getting excited about.

With our difficult league schedule a loss to Florida would be better than a possible loss to the zits.

I doubt that I will go to the game, no interest in contributing money to their athletic department after they put the screws to us. Like I said I have a long memory.

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: guinpen on February 13, 2019, 08:40:54 PM ---Do not like it at all, they put the screws to us and I have a long memory. No home game, no interest.

They are very low level 1A, if we win not a lot of upside unless we really blow them out. If we lose it looks bad to the playoff selection committee, hurts local recruiting and will tick me off.

Will have to see what the payday will be but will be surprised if it is worth getting excited about.

With our difficult league schedule a loss to Florida would be better than a possible loss to the zits.

I doubt that I will go to the game, no interest in contributing money to their athletic department after they put the screws to us. Like I said I have a long memory.

--- End quote ---

Who cares, get over it. YSU never was and never will be FBS football. Those schools will not come here to play us anymore. Not in this day. You don't like playing at Akron but playing non scholly Butler and losing at home is ok ?

4lessgovt:
Take the money. Win the game.  A big crowd will put a lot of pressure on Akron and Kent to rethink what they are doing and the subsidies they pay for their sports programs. It is about time universities listen to customer interest on who they schedule. 

Kandrase:
I’m pumped. Regardless of all the other baggage it’s the first rivalry type game YSU football has had since I’ve been a fan. if we lose it might hurt local recruiting slightly but it would mostly just reinforce what local recruits already think about YSU vs MAC. However if we win... and win convincingly like I expect we will it’ll be a HUGE recruitment tool for us. I see very little downside to this game

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version