YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

The Steel Tire

<< < (2/10) > >>

YSUFANSINCE1990:
No return game at YSU. Akron, and other FBS schools no interest in playing an FCS team in the road. Tressel got this done. It beats playing 3 stiffs at home.

YSUGO:
Finally!  Tressel used Akron as the signature game and used it to get us to the next level.  Can Pelini do the same?

IAA Fan:
I did not wish to sound so negative in my last post; but the truth is that Akron will be lucky to be outside of the bottom-25 in any given year. The expectation for any quality I-AA team would be to easily defeat the Zips.

Now maybe it has been a while, but there are still some feelings of a rivalry out there and that makes this game much more difficult for YSU, than any other I-AA/FCS team. The MAC is not paying us what we could get from a major conference. Sure, I like having a close away venue, but with no return game and less cash than another IA/FBS club would pay pay us…there is simply no good reason to play this game.

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on February 13, 2019, 05:29:23 PM ---I did not wish to sound so negative in my last post; but the truth is that Akron will be lucky to be outside of the bottom-25 in any given year. The expectation for any quality I-AA team would be to easily defeat the Zips.

Now maybe it has been a while, but there are still some feelings of a rivalry out there and that makes this game much more difficult for YSU, than any other I-AA/FCS team. The MAC is not paying us what we could get from a major conference. Sure, I like having a close away venue, but with no return game and less cash than another IA/FBS club would pay pay us…there is simply no good reason to play this game.

--- End quote ---

Just stop. There’s been more excitement and buzz around this game in the 2 hours since it’s been announced than playing Duquesne or Bobby Morris at home ever will.

Beating Akron in Akron and getting paid to do it ? Sign me up.

YsuPride:
Exciting. Better than playing a joke team. Plus we can drive there in 1 hour.  Rather play a power 5 team but we have a chance to beat a 1a team.  Who is Akrons new coach?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version