YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

MBB vs NKU

(1/3) > >>

ucfpengbuck:
Down 4 at half.   No one ever posted on the Wright state game .  I think if anyone is paying attention you could see the potential of this young team.  Might be tired of hearing they're young but Quizz and Simmons are potential all league the next 3 years.   Olamide might be the best shot blocker in the Horizon and he's plays few minutes because of fouls.

Saw coach's post game and you can see he's frustrated because he knows it's just maturity with only one senior.    As bad as I want them to win now,I'll still enjoy what they are and I'm pumped for the next few years to come with the talent Calhoun is bringing in.

Penquin68:
We lack an inside guy who can defend and score.  We lost today due to McDonald getting easy baskets that we did not.  Also we could not defend him.  Get us a big that is good and we will win.  Same with the Wright State game.  We do make some bad plays, but that will come down.  We are playing much better than in the beginning of the season.  We try to drive to the basket for the most part, but can't effectively pass into the post.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: Penquin68 on January 19, 2019, 03:09:47 PM ---We lack an inside guy who can defend and score.  We lost today due to McDonald getting easy baskets that we did not.  Also we could not defend him.  Get us a big that is good and we will win.  Same with the Wright State game.  We do make some bad plays, but that will come down.  We are playing much better than in the beginning of the season.  We try to drive to the basket for the most part, but can't effectively pass into the post.

--- End quote ---
This is similar to the OSU game when they put the big guy in the low post and back his way in doing a hook or lay in.
Our guy was too skinny to put a body on him to push him out without committing the foul. Coach might have put in scheme to either double him or deny him the ball so close to the basket. I think it was North Carolina (?) did to 7'4" Ralpth Simpson in the NCAA tournament so he could get close to the basket. Today, once McDonald got the ball inside the paint, it was over.
We are just too young to know how to finish game. If we make it the the Horizon league tournament (bottom 2 teams do not get in), we might be able to win couple of games (especially if we could hit the 3's)

ucfpengbuck:
I was thinking the same thing how it must be a luxury to have a big strong post who you can lob the ball to and muscles his way to the hoop.   Bobby Hain was some what like that.   Both NKU and Wright State have that type.

Next year we'll have juco Jamir Thomas who's a wide body and hopefully can provide that for us.

ytownchief22:
Coach learning building a program is a little tougher than D2.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version