YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

MBB vs NKU

<< < (2/3) > >>

mudclods:
0 points from our 3 bigs...almost impossible to win a game against a good team unless you shoot lights out. 

It was encouraging to see us driving to the basket and getting to the line and making foul shots.  We really struggled rebounding the ball as well.  Seemed like it had to be one of our worst nights from that aspect. 

Other than McDonald's inside presence, they made 3 huge 3's late to break away including 2 to beat the shot clock.  Those were killers & we never recovered.

Anyone know why Hampton hasn't dressed the last 2 games? 

Cleveland St. is going to be a must win then we're going to have to win at least 4 games in the 2nd half of conference play to have a shot at the tournament.  We're already a game and half back of UIC & IUPUI, which are 2 teams I thought would be better. 

YsuPride:
This team has the most talent we have seen in a long time.   Now for us to take the next step as a program we need to stay together.  Each year we lose multiple players transferring out.  If no one of importance leaves we should be much better next year.   One thing though we definitely need a big guy.  If you haven't noticed each team in the Horizon has had a big guy that dominates us. This happens every game.  YSU will never be as good as we can without some sort of inside presence.   Hopefully Jamir Thomas helps out but we need one more big.   We need to learn how to win now and not use youth as an excuse.   Most freshman are not freshman 20 games into the season. Lets win now. What puzzles me is how we struggle at home.  We have no home court advantage at all.  Home Record of 2-6 with only wins at home against non-d1 teams is pathetic.   Thoughts?

Wick250:
Pride, the failures at home are a classic example of a vicious circle:

perpetual losing = few fans = bad atmosphere = no intimidation of opponent = perpetual losing

YsuPride:
I do agree Wick.

OleYSUfan:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on January 20, 2019, 12:28:08 PM ---Pride, the failures at home are a classic example of a vicious circle:

perpetual losing = few fans = bad atmosphere = no intimidation of opponent = perpetual losing

--- End quote ---

Sad but true, this team is not a D1 team!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version