YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

MBB vs NKU

<< < (3/3)

YSU1:
Cleveland State has the beautiful Wolstein Center that seats 13,610.  Yesterday they were on TV in the Cleveland area.  Attendance in the box score was 942 but seeing the people in the stands was only a couple hundred. Course they are not very good.

mudclods:
It's really hard to watch at times.  Not because we get blown out, but because the talent is there, the competitiveness is there, but it's like you know how it's going to play out late in the game.  There were several games we gave away early in the year and I really thought once we got to league play we'd be able to win more games.  We're just about halfway through league play and time is running out to win games.     

If everyone comes back next year then maybe things will pay off, but we shall see as every year can be different.  I know guys like Hartfield, Haygood, Robinson, and Ferguson last year weren't Calhoun's guys, but you wonder how good maybe we could have been with them.  I miss Hartfield's scoring and the intensity and inside presence Haygood & Robinson brought.  Those are things we seem to be missing at times this year. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version