YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

mens bb

<< < (3/3)

ucfpengbuck:
Long season to go.  Happy for coach and the program with the 3-0 start.  Like I heard a coach once say "one day you're sipping the wine and the next you're back stomping the grapes".  My expectations based on the non-league portion are slim.  Hopefully the guys will continue scrapping and be competitive but we'll watch and cheer one game at a time.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on January 07, 2018, 08:13:46 PM ---
--- Quote from: IAA Fan on January 07, 2018, 03:17:28 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on January 06, 2018, 11:20:28 PM ---Just goes to show that Calhoun was the correct choice.

--- End quote ---
Although pointing in the right direction, that is a huge stretch to make right now Chief. We picked up on defense, let our all-conference scorer do what he needs by finally feeding him the ball w/o regard for his shooting % (slump finally ended) and we slow the game down to improve rebounding. We have been doing this same thing for the past 10-years and always had at least one conference POY candidate in the process. I am going to wait on this one.

--- End quote ---

Started 3-0 in horizon league play. Something Jerry never did. Hell, he never even started 2-0. He was an average/below average coach and Calhoun has this program headed in the right direction the way Slocum never could.

--- End quote ---

LOL ...we also went 0-11 against DI competition before the last 2 games, something that I am not sure that coachS ever did. Don't have me pegged as a coach C "hater". I support my team and coaches, but I am not blind.

New style of basketball = 0-11 (against DI)
Traditional style of basketball = 2-0
 I am going to say that coach Calhoun sees what it takes to win in the HL and is putting this team in the best possible position to win; that is the truly a sign of a good coach. I am just saying that it is too soon to see how good of a coach that Calhoun is.

YSUFANSINCE1990:
I somewhat agree with 1AA.   You have to give Coach Calhoun credit,  but...   The league is awful, among the worst in Division 1.  Slocum had to play Butler, Valparaiso, and some other programs that are long gone.  You have to wonder how a program that just a few years ago was playing D-2(Northern Ky.) is the best team in the conference.

What I like about Calhoun's team is hard they play. 

jbags:
The most impressive thing Ive seen so far are the adjustments Coach Calhoun and his staff have made from the Kent game to the Cleve St game. The team doesnt even resemble the one in November. Thats what good coaches do, and we have a good one. Cant wait to see this team next year and the years to come. The rebuild is fully underway!

go guins:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on January 06, 2018, 11:20:28 PM ---Just goes to show that Calhoun was the correct choice.

--- End quote ---
All the bad losses don't mean Calhoun was a bad pick so in all fairness, a good win doesn't wipe out all the bad either.  Best time to judge how this is going? After NEXT season!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version