YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

mens bb

(1/3) > >>

YSU1:
guins win again

ucfpengbuck:
1. First time 3-0 in conference play in 20 years.

2. We won the 50-50 ball tonight . Scrapped like crazy.

3. Bohannon  and Covington are playing like they're no longer freshmen.

4. Tyree was a bad man tonight.  Needs to check his emotions where it's positive for the team.

5. Cam and Hartfield played like true leaders.

6.Sandy Cohen for GB was a witch and his teammate Small was just as tough.  They should be decent in the Horizon.

ytownchief22:
Truly amazing.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on January 06, 2018, 09:16:14 PM ---Truly amazing.

--- End quote ---
Great energy... Making the 3 point shots and FTs went a long way. Good effort in offensive rebound in the 2nd half. We will see how they will match up against the top teams of the league.
Great win tonight.

mudclods:

--- Quote from: ucfpengbuck on January 06, 2018, 09:08:12 PM ---1. First time 3-0 in conference play in 20 years.

2. We won the 50-50 ball tonight . Scrapped like crazy.

3. Bohannon  and Covington are playing like they're no longer freshmen.

4. Tyree was a bad man tonight.  Needs to check his emotions where it's positive for the team.

5. Cam and Hartfield played like true leaders.

6.Sandy Cohen for GB was a witch and his teammate Small was just as tough.  They should be decent in the Horizon.

--- End quote ---

I agree with this 100%.  We've really out-hustled and wanted it more than both Milwaukee & Green Bay, and it really got to both & frustrated them.  I thought YSU played pretty well the first half just couldn't get some shots too fall, but says a lot really to come back from a 10-point 2nd half deficit.

Honestly everyone is playing pretty well right now.  Cam & Braun have really stepped up, and as you said Naz & Covington certainly don't look like freshman.  It was good to see Tyree put in 24 minutes.  He impresses the hell out of me, but his emotions make me nervous.  Haygood had that problem a lot last year, but seems much better this year.  I'm just afraid Tyree is either going to go off some night and/or cost a game.  Ferguson didn't score but gave us some solid minutes with a pair of steals & assists.  Just couldn't get a could of those shots to fall.

Going to be a real test now with 3 on the road against Oakland, Detroit & Wright State.  Hopefully we can get at least one.  Would be in pretty impressive to be at least 4-2 coming back home against UIC & IUPUI.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version