YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

mens bb

<< < (2/3) > >>

ytownchief22:
Just goes to show that Calhoun was the correct choice.

ucfpengbuck:
Nice to see Garrett Covington hitting outside shots.  Gives opposition another set of problems beside Cam &  Braun.   Tyree has had a few of those chase down blocks in the last few games.  Similar to a guy who plays an hour up the road ;D.

John Vargo = great writer.       http://www.tribtoday.com/sports/ysu-sports/2018/01/perfect-penguins%E2%80%88ysu-3-0-in-league/

Props to the vindy      http://www.vindy.com/news/2018/jan/07/ysu-men-win-to-remain-on-top-of-horizon/?newswatch

Penquin68:
Saw both games this week.  Really happy for the results; actually surprising since I didn't think we could compete based on our past this year.  But the two freshman, Bohannon  and Covington, have really improved their play and are no longer new freshman and Cam and Hartfield are really playing well.  Also Robinson is great inside and playing more minutes.  And the subs are playing well and I think we are wearing down the other team by the 2nd half by playing so aggressive on defense, and being able to substitute with not much of a let down in production.  I was hoping that Anibar could contribute in the post, but not yet.

Now the league sees what we are and we are playing top teams in Oakland and Wright State on the road in the coming schedule.  They will be ready.  It will be nice to see how we do Wednesday in Oakland.  They looked very strong Friday again Northern Kentucky; both those teams have bigs that worry me.  We will see.

It sure is nice to feel you have a chance in the league with MBB.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on January 06, 2018, 11:20:28 PM ---Just goes to show that Calhoun was the correct choice.

--- End quote ---
Although pointing in the right direction, that is a huge stretch to make right now Chief. We picked up on defense, let our all-conference scorer do what he needs by finally feeding him the ball w/o regard for his shooting % (slump finally ended) and we slow the game down to improve rebounding. We have been doing this same thing for the past 10-years and always had at least one conference POY candidate in the process. I am going to wait on this one.

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on January 07, 2018, 03:17:28 PM ---
--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on January 06, 2018, 11:20:28 PM ---Just goes to show that Calhoun was the correct choice.

--- End quote ---
Although pointing in the right direction, that is a huge stretch to make right now Chief. We picked up on defense, let our all-conference scorer do what he needs by finally feeding him the ball w/o regard for his shooting % (slump finally ended) and we slow the game down to improve rebounding. We have been doing this same thing for the past 10-years and always had at least one conference POY candidate in the process. I am going to wait on this one.

--- End quote ---

Started 3-0 in horizon league play. Something Jerry never did. Hell, he never even started 2-0. He was an average/below average coach and Calhoun has this program headed in the right direction the way Slocum never could.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version