Author Topic: Pitt Game  (Read 80611 times)

Offline penguinpower

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: Pitt Game
« Reply #60 on: August 27, 2017, 02:07:19 PM »
A main reason many I know have stopped contributing to this forum over the years is because of the political commentary and general vitriol between forum contributors. To that end, could we please stick to information about YSU football? There's plenty of other outlets for everything else.
Just noting, you post has nothing about football either, making is political in nature. 
Who do you see emerging at DE?

Go guin, I am with you.
My original comment about Robert Lee being pull out of the ACC broadcast of UVA game and was reassigned to be an analyst for the YSU-Pitt football game.

It had "ESPN", YSU, PITT, FOOTBALL, ESPN FOOTBALL ANALYST, UVA, ACC , YSU- PITT in the paragraph. Please tell me, DefYn, why this is not related to YSU sports?
Double ET, we should probably give up, this guy is probably a liberal that things Bob Lee SHOULD be removed from UVA game coverage.

We can create a safe room for him.

Offline ysuguins4

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 28, 2017, 12:29:16 PM »
Nobody's talking about it but the loss of Squiric on this team could be trouble in the middle. He was a 300+ pound plug in there and about to be a 3 year letterman. Mesier and Smith will be the starters and they are very good and have the experience but the depth behind them with Ragland, Thompson and McCraw may take some time to develop. We'll see...

Really hurts the depth there.  Is he out for the season with an injury?

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 28, 2017, 12:36:54 PM »
A main reason many I know have stopped contributing to this forum over the years is because of the political commentary and general vitriol between forum contributors. To that end, could we please stick to information about YSU football? There's plenty of other outlets for everything else.
Just noting, you post has nothing about football either, making is political in nature. 
Who do you see emerging at DE?

Go guin, I am with you.
My original comment about Robert Lee being pull out of the ACC broadcast of UVA game and was reassigned to be an analyst for the YSU-Pitt football game.

It had "ESPN", YSU, PITT, FOOTBALL, ESPN FOOTBALL ANALYST, UVA, ACC , YSU- PITT in the paragraph. Please tell me, DefYn, why this is not related to YSU sports?
Double ET, we should probably give up, this guy is probably a liberal that things Bob Lee SHOULD be removed from UVA game coverage.

We can create a safe room for him.
;D
Watching Penquins Football & Basketball since 1967!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: August 28, 2017, 02:00:50 PM »
What I'm worried about the most are the DB's. Pitt is explosive on the outside so they will create problems. We are going to have to score so hopefully Monty and Co. can keep up and not crap the bed ;)

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 28, 2017, 08:28:42 PM »
From what I'm seeing in some scouting, if it is to be believed, Pitts defense should be pretty ripe to work with. Especially given the YSU offense is going to be a strong point of the team this year. The rub of it is going to be how good the defense is this year. If the defense plays pretty well, and the DBs look good, then we have a real chance to win the game. Pitt secondary is looking to have some holes in it, and with the QB and WR talent we return, we should be able to pass the ball. Granted, we need our run game to work well too, but I think it will.

Hopefully the team is going into this with some quiet confidence. I like the odds.

Offline Wick250

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 28, 2017, 11:36:30 PM »
We are not playing Kansas or Iowa State or Minnesota (the old version before Jerry Kill.)  Pittsburgh is a good P5 program with an excellent coach and a lot of very good players.  We have evolved to the point where we have a puncher's chance against anybody not in the FBS top 10.  But predicting a victory in this game is not very realistic.  Our season starts with the league opener at home against SDSU at the end of September.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 29, 2017, 01:24:32 AM »
Maybe I am being overly optimistic. I just think I like our odds. I'm not saying its going to be easy.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: August 29, 2017, 12:25:15 PM »
Depth chart is out. Zinni at RG, not Sharp. Christian Turner listed at 2nd string RB, not Alessi.

Smalls, Nicoe Hurst and Larkin are starting DB's with Powell and Solomon Warfield starting at safety. Randall-Posey is the other starting LB along with Wright and Dellovade.

Pitt is going to score points on us so we HAVE to be able to keep up on offense.

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: August 29, 2017, 12:28:39 PM »
Just saw the depth chart and was going to post too. Thought the biggest suprise was the second string running back was not alessi

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: August 29, 2017, 12:36:54 PM »
My biggest concern are the DB's. They moved Nicoe Hurst back to CB where he played at JUCO. Guess they feel comfortable with Warfield at safety. Let's also hope our DT's can hold up vs the run. No 300+ pounders in the middle.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2017, 12:45:38 PM by ytownchief22 »

Offline The YO Show

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: August 29, 2017, 01:27:46 PM »
Defensively we may not be in the best of shape.

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: August 29, 2017, 01:44:55 PM »
True freshman Bryce Gibson listed as a starter at DB. Boy oh boy....

Offline FOOTBALLFEVER

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: August 29, 2017, 02:33:44 PM »
I hate to give everyone this bad news, but it looks like tropical storm Harvey will be invading Pittsburgh by kickoff and continue all afternoon. Obviously this will hurt our passing game that we will need..bring your ponchos folks!!

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: August 29, 2017, 03:07:43 PM »
True freshman Bryce Gibson listed as a starter at DB. Boy oh boy....
Boy oh boy.....good?
Boy oh boy.....bad?
The guys we had couldn't hold up against the Pitt speed, maybe Bryce can? 
My concern was, is, and will be DE.  We had GREAT pressure from the DEs last season and covered a big weakness at DB.  This year the DEs are both in the NFL and out CBs are really out on an island.  32 points won't win this game.

Offline go guins

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: August 29, 2017, 03:17:10 PM »
I hate to give everyone this bad news, but it looks like tropical storm Harvey will be invading Pittsburgh by kickoff and continue all afternoon. Obviously this will hurt our passing game that we will need..bring your ponchos folks!!
good for the goose, good for the gander, and I think hurting the passing hurts them more than hurts us.  But usually the offensive guy knows which way he is cutting and so he has the advantage.