YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Pitt Game

<< < (32/36) > >>

ytownchief22:
I came by very impressed with Turner. He is on the road to be the next great YSU RB. Rader was great catching passes all game long. Reed seemed to cement himself as a starter and flashed that for sure D1 talent (Bonehead penalty aside). Really like Powell at safety as well.

Just can't fathom why you even pass the ball down there when he threw the pick, ugh. That's not a very good Pitt team. Should have been an easy win.

Wick250:
I have not felt this conflicted since we came from 28 points down to tie the 1992 championship game only to lose at the end.  All losses stink, but there are undeniably positive elements to this performance.

Pitt receivers are good but our secondary played exceptionally well.  It took that fine catch to beat us.

The defensive front was just a shadow of last year's edition, and they got manhandled in the first half. Did any of you really expect the turnaround from these guys after halftime?  Definitely something to build upon.

Over 100 yards rushing for the game seems inadequate until you realize that we stood (according to tv) at -1 at halftime.  The combination of McCaster and Turner will work out fine.

On the replay of their overtime td shot from behind the quarterback, did you all see one of the Pitt lineman grabbing at the helmet or the face of our pass rusher (maybe Reed?)  We are not going to get that call on the road but it would have changed everything.

YSUGO:
This loss to me is meaningless in the scheme of what FCS is about.  We have come a long way from when Heacock treated these games as a pain in his ass.  Pelini has us on the right path.  Let's enjoy the ride!

YSUGO:
This loss to me is meaningless in the scheme of what FCS is about.  We have come a long way from when Heacock treated these games as a pain in his ass.  Pelini has us on the right path.  Let's enjoy the ride!

penguinpower:
Our depth was on full display.  Just like last year, we came on late in the game.  That is an excellent sign...the heart of a champion type of stuff.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version