YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Pitt Game

<< < (33/36) > >>

Double ET:
Hunter actually played pretty well. The ftwo passes floated to Bailey and the two bullets fired to Turner hitting him in stride were a thing of beauty.
However, the overshot to a wide open receiver (who could have scored) in the first half and the Interception at end of the game were really bad. I was sitting on the visitor's side looking right at the wide open receiver across the field in the end zone waving his arms trying to get Hunter's attention. There weren't any defenders within 15 yards of him. He must have waived for over 5 seconds, but Hunter never looked. He locked on to the receiver in the post (being tripled covered) and he never surveyed other receivers.
In the past, I have been critical of him about Locking onto primary receiver and never looked for secondary receivers. Apparently, he has not improved on that part of the game.
We have committed too many penalties.  Two plays really killed our momentum.... The quick quick and letting their QB scrambled for 14 yards on a second and 15 play.
Unfortunately, if our offense did not make couple stupid penalties causing us two potential field goals in the first half, we probably could have won the game.

penguinpower:

--- Quote from: Double ET on September 02, 2017, 10:48:55 PM ---Hunter actually played pretty well. The ftwo passes floated to Bailey and the two bullets fired to Turner hitting him in stride were a thing of beauty.
However, the overshot to a wide open receiver (who could have scored) in the first half and the Interception at end of the game were really bad. I was sitting on the visitor's side looking right at the wide open receiver across the field in the end zone waving his arms trying to get Hunter's attention. There weren't any defenders within 15 yards of him. He must have waived for over 5 seconds, but Hunter never looked. He locked on to the receiver in the post (being tripled covered) and he never surveyed other receivers.
In the past, I have been critical of him about Locking onto primary receiver and never looked for secondary receivers. Apparently, he has not improved on that part of the game.
We have committed too many penalties.  Two plays really killed our momentum.... The quick quick and letting their QB scrambled for 14 yards on a second and 15 play.
Unfortunately, if our offense did not make couple stupid penalties causing us two potential field goals in the first half, we probably could have won the game.

--- End quote ---

On the penalty they called an illegal block in the back they face-masked the RB.  No call.  Check out this stat:  They didn't have a single penalty.  ACC refs.   Got to beat them too.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: Double ET on September 02, 2017, 10:48:55 PM ---Hunter actually played pretty well. The ftwo passes floated to Bailey and the two bullets fired to Turner hitting him in stride were a thing of beauty.

--- End quote ---
Much much more of an issue was the fact that Pitt never punted in the first half. We need a TB. Wells was awesome today, but made mistakes clearly. Reminded me of Jaws, crisp low passes. Always in the safe area. Adjustments on both sides we good. We havd a lot of work to do, but such a good game.

Double ET:

--- Quote from: penguinpower on September 02, 2017, 10:50:49 PM ---

--- End quote ---

On the penalty they called an illegal block in the back they face-masked the RB.  No call.  Check out this stat:  They didn't have a single penalty.  ACC refs.   Got to beat them too.

--- End quote ---
Yes. I noticed that too, no penalty call on Pitt. The roughing the passer call was also marginal. Intentional grounding call on Hunter also killed our one drive.

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on September 02, 2017, 04:41:31 PM ---He lost us the game.

--- End quote ---
Biggest bunch of BS I ever read. How about 21 unanswered points against ysu in the first half? We never even forced a single punt. The game NEVER rides on one play. Hey 0-0 at the half and we win this game 21-0.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version