YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Next coach

<< < (18/23) > >>

go guins:
you know what bothers me?  we are in the middle of spring football and all I read on this blog is idle speculation on the next MBB HC.  who cares about MBB anyway?  you ALL (with the exception of IA) say you don't care about it and yet you speculate endlessly about the next HC.  hire somebody, let him have 2 years to recruit and coach and let's see where we are, otherwise, what's up with real sports.....IE: FOOTBALL!

ytownchief22:

--- Quote from: go guins on March 21, 2017, 09:20:46 AM ---you know what bothers me?  we are in the middle of spring football and all I read on this blog is idle speculation on the next MBB HC.  who cares about MBB anyway?  you ALL (with the exception of IA) say you don't care about it and yet you speculate endlessly about the next HC.  hire somebody, let him have 2 years to recruit and coach and let's see where we are, otherwise, what's up with real sports.....IE: FOOTBALL!

--- End quote ---

Then don't comment on this thread. Some of us actually like basketball, and this program resurrected back from the dead. Spring football is a quiet time. It ramps back up right before the start of fall camp. Relax.

Wick250:
The university offers 17 intercollegiate sports for men and women.  I care about ALL of them, and I want as many of those as possible to be successful. 

Again, I reject the widely held theory that football and basketball are in competition with each other.  If the three revenue sports thrive, everybody benefits.  People are happy and their attention is fixed upon the university from September into March. 

I attended five men's basketball games during the past two seasons, completely turned off by the incompetence of the current staff.  I want to go to ALL the men's basketball games.  That is why I have an intense interest and concern for this hiring process.

Since1990,

I sure hope that you are correct.  On paper, Calhoun fulfills every single item on our coaching checklist.  We should know by next week.

go guins:

Then don't comment on this thread. Some of us actually like basketball, and this program resurrected back from the dead. Spring football is a quiet time. It ramps back up right before the start of fall camp. Relax.
[/quote]
MBB used to be a GREAT game.  Until the "one and done" ruined the big game and the lack of a IAA level for the YSUs of the world left us in a no man's land with nothing to really shoot at for a national tournament.  Now it has the same level of interest and importance to university life as women’s bowling or track.

You seem a little condescending here aren't you?  Just trying to stimulate some addition posts.  I’ll relax when I’m damn good and ready to relax. (Beginning Friday on a 2 week golf vacation to Hilton Head)   

ysuguins4:
I had season tickets in the mid to late 90's before I had to give them up when the kids got busy with school activities.  Now that I have more time and JS is gone, I am looking forward to purchasing season tickets again.  I also believe with the right coach YSU will be competitive year in and year out in the Horizon.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version