YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Next coach

<< < (19/23) > >>

go guins:

--- Quote from: ysuguins4 on March 21, 2017, 12:41:43 PM ---  I also believe with the right coach YSU will be competitive year in and year out in the Horizon.

--- End quote ---
Sounds kind of "Captain Obvious" to me.  Of course "with the right coach" we will be competitive.  The question is; will we get the right coach?  AND I guarantee I will know the answer and be happy to share it with you all!  (In 2-3 years!)  Before that it is all idle speculation.

OleYSUfan:
I hate to say this, but who cares about MBB! I've haven't seen YSU good teams in years and years. Strollo says they will have a nationwide search for the MBB head coach. He really means within a 75 mile radius. IF we are going to have a successful team, the search should be truly nationwide.

I still remember good and exciting teams in the 60's and 70's where it was fun to go to YSU games.

go guins:

--- Quote from: OleYSUfan on March 21, 2017, 02:17:19 PM ---I hate to say this, but who cares about MBB! I've haven't seen YSU good teams in years and years. Strollo says they will have a nationwide search for the MBB head coach. He really means within a 75 mile radius. IF we are going to have a successful team, the search should be truly nationwide.

I still remember good and exciting teams in the 60's and 70's where it was fun to go to YSU games.

--- End quote ---
Fairmont State is outside 75 miles!  In fact, when I look down the list of prospects from the paper, I see most outside 75 miles.  You are going back to the high school gym days here, and while the teams were good for what Div. II, the facilities weren't like a high school, they WERE a high school.  Like me, you're just getting old!  Memories get better than it actually was!

YSU1:
you can not run a D1 basketball program on a D2 budget.

go guins:

--- Quote from: YSU1 on March 21, 2017, 05:06:10 PM ---you can not run a D1 basketball program on a D2 budget.

--- End quote ---

Nor can you run a D1 MBB program on distilled peanut oil, but what's that got to do with the price if tea in China?  If you are implying we aren't paying enough, I would make the case we are in fact running a D1 program on the current budget,  albeit not a very successful one, but we are D1.  Second, while we are far from the top budget, I'll bet you a couple bucks we are not the lowest either.

If you point is we will need to pay a new head coach more that we were paying JS, that is very likely.  We are paying BP about twice what we were paying EW, for what reason I have absolutely no idea, and the “management” (read JT) has demonstrated a willingness to step up if the cause is worthwhile.  We have no reason to suspect otherwise in this case, do we?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version