YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Next coach

(1/23) > >>

guinpen:
Hoping a new thread will help focus on who the next coach will be.

A proven D1 coach is no doubt out of the question due to money.

Please please please stay away from a lower division coach. May find a diamond now and then but usually they are at a lower division for a reason.

As I have posted before, go out find a young Wooden, enjoy a 3-4 year ride and after a big-time program grabs him, do it again.

ValleyTalk:
The Akron fans are talking more about our hire than we are!
http://zipsnation.org/forums/topic/37190-jerry-slocum-retires-from-ysu-gary-waters-retires-from-csu/

ytownchief22:
The only lower division coach I would take is Fuline. Young guy, coached Massillon Jackson to a state title and now leads Mount Union. Really good recruiter, knows the area.

Same can be said about McFadden, although he doesn't have the head coaching experience.

penguinpower:
Sorry guys but I don't care about non-phsyical sports like basketball.  Hate the sport.  Boxing and football is where it's at.  Too bad boxing has so many fixed situations. 

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: ytownchief22 on March 08, 2017, 11:16:54 PM ---The only lower division coach I would take is Fuline. Young guy, coached Massillon Jackson to a state title and now leads Mount Union. Really good recruiter, knows the area.

Same can be said about McFadden, although he doesn't have the head coaching experience.

--- End quote ---

This is the difference. I could care less about someone HS success, this is DI college basketball yet we look at someone prep background? Let him go back. If you want a real small college guy, not that I do, then take a look at someone like Siroki over in Westminster. Player and coach at the international level. At least he has an upside.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version