YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Slocum Retiring

<< < (5/6) > >>

ytownchief22:
Heard Mount Union coach Mike Fuline mentioned as a candidate.

Dmorton:
I see where Cleveland St would to like contact Geno Ford or Chris Jent, and of course we want some D2 or 3 coach with limited or no D1 experience.  NICE!!!

guinpen:
Ok so basically most everyone should be happy.

JS left on his own accord, his decision. 42 years is a long career in coaching so we can all understand that he felt it was time.

I heard that he will be honored at some point, that should satisfy others.

Others wanted a change and now there will be a change.

Time to move on.

go guins:

--- Quote from: Dmorton on March 08, 2017, 07:46:47 PM ---I see where Cleveland St would to like contact Geno Ford or Chris Jent, and of course we want some D2 or 3 coach with limited or no D1 experience.  NICE!!!

--- End quote ---
Not sure about Jent, but we have had great success with former buckeye stars as MBB HC!  Worst coach in the history of YSU was former OSU star.

gbs20:
Lets put some context to the comment about Jim Cleamons...First, he was hired in September right before the season started due to the death Dailey. Second, shortly after, the OVC kicked YSU out, so we had no league--death to recruiting.  He was coach for 18 months and left to become an assistant with the Chicago Bulls.  I dont know if he would have been good or bad. Worst thing that can be said about him is that he saw what was here, saw what was available and decided to leave. To not consider Jent or someone else because they are an OSU assistant is as silly as excluding anyone who was never a head coach. That being said, Dan Peters was the most successful coach during the past 30 years, and he left because the AD at the time, one Jim Tressel, would not support basketball.  Maybe some lessons have been learned.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version