YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Slocum Retiring

(1/6) > >>

YSUFANSINCE1990:
  Slocum is retiring, word is out.   Also, heard that Strollo wants coach with head coaching experience, that is foolish, but whatever.  Why exclude all assistants, if that is the way to go, then Jim Tressel would have never been hired.

Strollo is focused on Pat Beilein, son of the successful Michigan head coach.  The younger Beilein is at a D-2 school in New York State.   I think he would be a long shot, he can do better than YSU, much like Sean Miller did when he interviewed here years ago, and withdrew the next day.

ytownchief22:
11 minutes ago

.@21WFMJSports  Breaking: YSU Official confirms men's basketball coach Jerry Slocum is retiring

Retiring. The search is on.....

go guins:
Now it starts.  The "poor me" crowd.  We don't have enough money, we don't have good enough seats, we are a football only school, this is bad, that is bad, woe is me!  I can hardly wait for football season. 

penguin4ever:
Thank you Jerry for doing the right thing.  Now it is time to find a young enthusiastic  Div 1 assistant  coach to come in here and turn things around.

go guins:

--- Quote from: penguin4ever on March 07, 2017, 02:23:22 PM ---Thank you Jerry for doing the right thing.  Now it is time to find a young enthusiastic  Div 1 assistant  coach to come in here and turn things around.

--- End quote ---
So a firebrand D2 coach with 2 20 win seasons doesn't deserve an interivew?  What is is is time for JT to appoint a search committee (with him on it) to find and hire the best person for the job.  Personally I'd love them to hire a top female assistant from a good program.  That would immediately raise the profile of YSU MBB and we need that. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version