YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

UND to MVFC

<< < (3/4) > >>

Guinfan1990:

--- Quote from: Wick250 on January 25, 2017, 10:18:01 AM ---Eleven is an unworkable number.  This must mean that by 2020, either one more team will be added or the conference officials know that one team is leaving.  For us, the addition of yet another far flung opponent does not matter, since we must fly to every current opponent anyway except for Indiana State.

--- End quote ---

Minus that it worked in the Big Ten for almost 20 years, along with other FCS conferences, sure.

Gotta use facts to post here

Wick250:
Eleven is unworkable, unless you want to play ten league games or nine, with half the league playing more home games than their rivals.  Eleven with four home games, four road games, no league games in early September, and not more than one bye is unworkable.  Take out pencil and paper and work it out.

go guins:

--- Quote from: Guinfan1990 on January 25, 2017, 08:16:55 PM ---
--- Quote from: Wick250 on January 25, 2017, 10:18:01 AM ---Eleven is an unworkable number.  This must mean that by 2020, either one more team will be added or the conference officials know that one team is leaving.  For us, the addition of yet another far flung opponent does not matter, since we must fly to every current opponent anyway except for Indiana State.

--- End quote ---

Minus that it worked in the Big Ten for almost 20 years, along with other FCS conferences, sure.

Gotta use facts to post here

--- End quote ---
I would say "it existed in the Big10 for a number of years, but they were trying to fix it for a long time."  There are a ton of conferences with uneven rosters and I'll bet every single one would like an even number. 
"Gotta use facts" doesn't seem to be applicable here as what is “workable” seems to be an opinion vs a "fact."

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on January 25, 2017, 07:51:12 PM ---My guess is somebody is leaving

--- End quote ---

Good thinking. They way to tell is watch the basketball programs. Conferences are built on basketball ...seldom football. I think the MVFC clearly is making a move to split. However, if you are right, my guess would be WIU or YSU would be leaving. There are many advantages to splitting. The best is diminishing travel times. However, for YSU that is not a major factor, every conference team is a travel for us.

So who wants to take a stab at MVFC division names and teams in each? East & West division ...maybe Gateway and Great West divisions?

guinpen:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on January 26, 2017, 04:43:13 PM ---
--- Quote from: YSUGO on January 25, 2017, 07:51:12 PM ---My guess is somebody is leaving

--- End quote ---

Good thinking. They way to tell is watch the basketball programs. Conferences are built on basketball ...seldom football. I think the MVFC clearly is making a move to split. However, if you are right, my guess would be WIU or YSU would be leaving. There are many advantages to splitting. The best is diminishing travel times. However, for YSU that is not a major factor, every conference team is a travel for us.

So who wants to take a stab at MVFC division names and teams in each? East & West division ...maybe Gateway and Great West divisions?

--- End quote ---

So if we split into two divisions do we have a conference champ? Do we have crossover games to fill out the schedule. I'll go with Prairie and Gateway for the names.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version