YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

GROVE: YSU’s defenders score highest on report card

<< < (3/9) > >>

FOOTBALLFEVER:

--- Quote from: go guins on January 16, 2017, 02:17:01 PM ---
--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on January 16, 2017, 02:02:36 PM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on January 16, 2017, 10:00:36 AM ---However, I am far higher than a C on Hunter.  Did anybody see this team getting to the NC game?  He made all the plays down the stretch but the "haters" just don't seem to care. 

--- End quote ---

Do McCaster and Webb know Wells "made all the plays"?  :D

--- End quote ---
No more than Rivers and Moss know it.  For those haters too dumb to figure it out on their own, when referring to Hunter making "all the plays" I am referring to plays at QB, which is the position he plays. 
I’ll tell you what, Webb, McCaster, Rivers and Moss all know without Wells stepping up and putting his uniform back on and stepping back on the field after being trashed by the coaching staff, they would have all been at home watching the playoffs on ESPN3.
Interesting that the haters who questioned Hunter's manhood for not running more, have been suspiciously quiet during our playoff run.  I guess watching Hunter tuck and run for some key 1st downs during the last 5 games had shut them up a bit.  Don't get me wrong, "run" is a word you should use judiciously when describing Wells, maybe "amble" would be better?  But the guy made the plays and only the most virulent haters won't recognize his accomplishments.

--- End quote ---
Just a side note..The quarterbacks they are looking to sign this year out of high school are true Pro style / Pocket passers very similar to Wells. The one player the staff is very high on is Joe Craycraft from Marion Pleasant..He is a mirror image of Wells coming out of high school..Tall and slender and not really known as a dual threat

go guins:

--- Quote from: Penguin Ice on January 16, 2017, 02:46:20 PM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on January 16, 2017, 01:59:06 PM ---I also could care very little less than someone's assesment of last year's team.  I really care about NEXT year's team.  Looks like our 2 best recruits are DE's (1 recruit, 1 transfer)  Boy, do we need DEs!

--- End quote ---

I also the LB transfer from Rutgers. Who redshirted last year

--- End quote ---
Jonathan Pollock.  Hard to get too high on a 3 star 1-A national recruit that can't win a roster spot at 1-AA  I'd guess the 6'-0" is probably a couple inches more than actual.

Penguin Ice:

--- Quote from: go guins on January 16, 2017, 03:07:27 PM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on January 16, 2017, 01:59:06 PM ---I also could care very little less than someone's assesment of last year's team.  I really care about NEXT year's team.  Looks like our 2 best recruits are DE's (1 recruit, 1 transfer)  Boy, do we need DEs!

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Jonathan Pollock.  Hard to get too high on a 3 star 1-A national recruit that can't win a roster spot at 1-AA  I'd guess the 6'-0" is probably a couple inches more than actual.

--- End quote ---

He sat the first two games because of allegations with Rutgers. Then before he was scheduled to play at West Virginia he got a bad concussion that forced him to miss 4 weeks of practice. Hence the red shirt. But I'm sure you knew that

go guins:

--- Quote from: Penguin Ice on January 16, 2017, 03:14:57 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

He sat the first two games because of allegations with Rutgers. Then before he was scheduled to play at West Virginia he got a bad concussion that forced him to miss 4 weeks of practice. Hence the red shirt. But I'm sure you knew that

--- End quote ---
Nope, I don't track transfers that can't win roster spots.  We've seen dozens over the years and every so often one really steps up and helps (Moss), but most never do.  The issues they have somewhere else seem to follow them around.  (IE Alexander who played great for a season and 1/2 before reverting go his old self or the all-world TE Louis Irizarry who never did anything on the field)

Penguin Ice:

--- Quote from: go guins on January 16, 2017, 03:27:22 PM ---
--- Quote from: Penguin Ice on January 16, 2017, 03:14:57 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Nope, I don't track transfers that can't win roster spots.  We've seen dozens over the years and every so often one really steps up and helps (Moss), but most never do.  The issues they have somewhere else seem to follow them around.  (IE Alexander who played great for a season and 1/2 before reverting go his old self or the all-world TE Louis Irizarry who never did anything on the field)

--- End quote ---

I think you are being overly judgmental on a 18 year old kid without knowing there whole story. You have no idea why he transferred. He did win a roster spot and I have told you why he didn't play this past season. I look at who he was offered from in high school. This young man had over 14 D1 offers. He was committed to Mississippi State. Then switched to Rutgers before there previous staff was let go. He was a early High School graduate and choose YSU over D1 schools so he could play close to his family. I will take 20 of those kids every year

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version