YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

GROVE: YSU’s defenders score highest on report card

<< < (9/9)

FOOTBALLFEVER:
The only reason the running game with Webb and Ruiz got on track this year is because Wells was a legitimate threat in the passing game. He has shown better mobility in the pocket then last year and the ability to pull the ball down and pick up the necessary yards when needed and not get killed in the process. Minus the sacks he had a better yards per carry average then I would have ever expected. As good as JMU's pass rush was we do not have a single quarterback on our roster that could have escaped it

Grapestreet:

--- Quote from: go guins on January 17, 2017, 11:22:45 AM ---
--- Quote from: Grapestreet on January 17, 2017, 10:32:14 AM ---Wow I cant believe what I am reading...... I will save this  and regurgitate this back to you once the season is under way. If any one of these kids had the opportunity that our seniors ( Webb and Ruiz)had. you would be saying something totally different. none of us really seen these kids play.... ok maybe on HUDl but as we all know its different on this level. I have faith in these kids and the coaching staff. McCaster will be a beast and Alessi will change the game this year. if you remember they said that Jody was to small and Martin need to put on weight..... we need a fullback, etc...... Come on.... we will be fine with the backs that we have along with some red shirt backs coming in this year.

--- End quote ---
I'm looking forward to your regertitation (not really)
McCaster will be a servicable back, I'm not questioning that, but what I am questioning in the no need for
additional help and the "four great young backs" behind Tevin.  Trust me, if they were great, we'd have seen them carrying the damn ball by now! 
It is kind of ironic that one of our first recruites is a big RB named Braxton Chapman to go along with a couple DE's so at least the coaching staff is seeing the same thing as I am, and not blindly going with whatever we've got.

--- End quote ---

Go Guins:::::don't be so goulash.... We are just having a conversation about football. We both are penguins fans and we both love the school, we both would like them to succeed in every sport..... I would buy the first round and the second.... also....You make a very good point. Thanks for the feed back....Go Guins......

go guins:

--- Quote from: Grapestreet on January 17, 2017, 05:38:47 PM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on January 17, 2017, 11:22:45 AM ---
--- Quote from: Grapestreet on January 17, 2017, 10:32:14 AM ---Wow I cant believe what I am reading...... I will save this  and regurgitate this back to you once the season is under way. If any one of these kids had the opportunity that our seniors ( Webb and Ruiz)had. you would be saying something totally different. none of us really seen these kids play.... ok maybe on HUDl but as we all know its different on this level. I have faith in these kids and the coaching staff. McCaster will be a beast and Alessi will change the game this year. if you remember they said that Jody was to small and Martin need to put on weight..... we need a fullback, etc...... Come on.... we will be fine with the backs that we have along with some red shirt backs coming in this year.

--- End quote ---
I'm looking forward to your regertitation (not really)
McCaster will be a servicable back, I'm not questioning that, but what I am questioning in the no need for
additional help and the "four great young backs" behind Tevin.  Trust me, if they were great, we'd have seen them carrying the damn ball by now! 
It is kind of ironic that one of our first recruites is a big RB named Braxton Chapman to go along with a couple DE's so at least the coaching staff is seeing the same thing as I am, and not blindly going with whatever we've got.

--- End quote ---

Go Guins:::::don't be so goulash.... We are just having a conversation about football. We both are penguins fans and we both love the school, we both would like them to succeed in every sport..... I would buy the first round and the second.... also....You make a very good point. Thanks for the feed back....Go Guins......

--- End quote ---
Agreed, both YSU fans and both want the same results.
You have me at a substatinal disadvantage because I have no idea what you mean by being "goulash."  I'm not Hungarian and I don't wear them, so you've got me. 
If you are accusing (need a better, softer word than accuse) me of being "hard" on you, then you may be right.  I get frustrated sometimes with the blind reverance to anybody who was recruited in a prior year.  We were not good enough to beat JMU and we are substantailly weaker now due to seniors leaving.  We need significant help almost everywere, RB DB and DE most of all.  You see the backup RB’s as being substantially better than I do.  Based on 2017 recruiting class, Bo agrees with me as Chapman and Turner look to be contributors.  Maybe Turner will move to WR as we need help there too.  He appears to be able to get separation and that was an issue in 2016. 

YSUGO:
Not going to beat a dead horse about Hunter we all know what he can and cannot do.  All I know I witnessed a hell of run by the team and him.  I don't expect us to duplicate the past year.  I would hope that To at least make the playoffs.  My wish list would to get more athletic on the offensive line.  Get a big time WR and and find a couple of ball hawking corners and a safety that will put the boom on when called for Our biggest holes right now is the D line and the secondary.  James Madison attacked the secondary right out the box that is our true weakness right now.  But we need to focus on the positive and believe in Bo and what kind of kid he is recruiting.  He is recruiting a mentality and wants good kids and kids with a good football iQ.  Kinda like a team full of Bo's.  Next year should be interesting and we will find out how good the coaching staff will be.  There was too many positives that happened to us in 2016 and I think the 2017 team will benefit from it. 

go guins:

--- Quote from: YSUGO on January 18, 2017, 08:43:14 PM ---Not going to beat a dead horse about Hunter we all know what he can and cannot do.  All I know I witnessed a hell of run by the team and him.  I don't expect us to duplicate the past year.  I would hope that To at least make the playoffs.  My wish list would to get more athletic on the offensive line.  Get a big time WR and and find a couple of ball hawking corners and a safety that will put the boom on when called for Our biggest holes right now is the D line and the secondary.  James Madison attacked the secondary right out the box that is our true weakness right now.  But we need to focus on the positive and believe in Bo and what kind of kid he is recruiting.  He is recruiting a mentality and wants good kids and kids with a good football iQ.  Kinda like a team full of Bo's.  Next year should be interesting and we will find out how good the coaching staff will be.  There was too many positives that happened to us in 2016 and I think the 2017 team will benefit from it.

--- End quote ---
Great post, wish I would have written it!
We lost 680 lbs. on the left side of the OL in Colucci and Eisenhuth.  I believe the YSU OL was bigger than the Buckeyes or the Browns.  Sorry, but 350 is just too heavy to move much.  I agree 100% with needing to be more athletic up front.  I also like what I see and read about recruits and quality people.  I guess getting burned with the drug suspensions struck a cord with the staff?  Anyway, IMO things are looking good!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version