YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

GROVE: YSU’s defenders score highest on report card

<< < (8/9) > >>

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: go guins on January 17, 2017, 12:47:29 PM ---
--- Quote from: dwj on January 17, 2017, 12:38:48 PM ---McCaster is a good back but the addition of a big power back would really solidify our running game.

Also not bashing Wells, he had a good season and showed improvement and courage.  But stop our running game and he does not have the athletic ability to take charge and win the game.

--- End quote ---
"he does not have the athletic ability to take charge and win the game."  So that is why he lost against SIU and we failed to make the playoffs?  Perhaps you should watch the EWU game ending again and then tell me Hunter can't make the plays to win the game?  Or Samford or Wofford.  Your statement is among the dumbest things I've ever read.

--- End quote ---

go guins, why try to peel that scab back?  The only response to your comments can be to start listing Hunter's deficiencies.  Do you really want that?  Why create straw man arguments and dare others to knock them down? 

go guins:

--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on January 17, 2017, 01:08:37 PM ---
--- Quote from: dwj on January 17, 2017, 12:38:48 PM ---McCaster is a good back but the addition of a big power back would really solidify our running game.

Also not bashing Wells, he had a good season and showed improvement and courage.  But stop our running game and he does not have the athletic ability to take charge and win the game.

--- End quote ---
"he does not have the athletic ability to take charge and win the game."  So that is why he lost against SIU and we failed to make the playoffs?  Perhaps you should watch the EWU game ending again and then tell me Hunter can't make the plays to win the game?  Or Samford or Wofford.  Your statement is among the dumbest things I've ever read.

--- End quote ---

go guins, why try to peel that scab back?  The only response to your comments can be to start listing Hunter's deficiencies.  Do you really want that?  Why create straw man arguments and dare others to knock them down?

--- End quote ---
So let me get this straight, this dipstick takes a cheap shot at Hunter Wells and I am supposed to keep quiet, because if I point out the obvious, which I did, then you will be "forced" to straighten me out by pointing out all Hunter's weaknesses?  Well go for it, you arrogant ass.  Are you going to tell us what we all know, Hunter isn’t much of a runner and that the running QB’s offer a greater variety of play calling options?  Well, they also have a greater opportunity to sustain injuries,  like Hosick and Davis did, defeating at least a major part of your argument.  They left us “stuck” with Hunter and a great run to the NC game.  Go ahead tell me how every QB in American is so much better than Wells.  I’ll just key up the Samford game, or the Jacksonville State game or the Wofford game, or the EWU game and while away a couple enjoyable hours, ignoring you and the rest of the haters.

dwj:
The running game got us into the playoffs & to the championship game.

When JMU got ahead & stopped the running game we were done.

Penguin Nation:

--- Quote from: go guins on January 17, 2017, 01:25:41 PM ---
--- Quote from: Penguin Nation on January 17, 2017, 01:08:37 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
So let me get this straight, this dipstick takes a cheap shot at Hunter Wells and I am supposed to keep quiet, because if I point out the obvious, which I did, then you will be "forced" to straighten me out by pointing out all Hunter's weaknesses?  Well go for it, you arrogant a$$.  Are you going to tell us what we all know, Hunter isn’t much of a runner and that the running QB’s offer a greater variety of play calling options?  Well, they also have a greater opportunity to sustain injuries,  like Hosick and Davis did, defeating at least a major part of your argument.  They left us “stuck” with Hunter and a great run to the NC game.  Go ahead tell me how every QB in American is so much better than Wells.  I’ll just key up the Samford game, or the Jacksonville State game or the Wofford game, or the EWU game and while away a couple enjoyable hours, ignoring you and the rest of the haters.

--- End quote ---

As much as you put the ball on the tee, and handed me the driver, I'm not going there.  I've said it all before.  He's improved from his 2015 performance and earlier 2016 performance.  I'll leave it at that.

go guins:

--- Quote from: dwj on January 17, 2017, 01:29:06 PM ---The running game got us into the playoffs & to the championship game.

When JMU got ahead & stopped the running game we were done.

--- End quote ---
Very simplistic.  First, JMU was better across the board.  We couldn't run and we couldn't stop their run, and if you are looking for the early turning point, it was clearly special teams.  They beat us on O, D and ST, frankly 28-14 was closer than the game I watched.
IF you are saying we couldn't have made it to the finals without the run game, that is absolutely true, but the flip side is also absolutely true, we couldn't have made it to the NC game without Hunter's passing, and without the special teams we would have had at least one, probably 2 more loses and never even been in the playoffs.  Football is a team sport, one phase is not more important than any other.  My only argument is against the haters who think Hunter Wells is a coward and an inferior athlete.  He isn't much of a runner, but more to athletic endeavors than running.  Ever watch most MLB pitchers run?  Sometimes throwing counts too! Plus Hunter ran for a couple key 1st downs during the playoffs, and while not very graceful, he got the job done when needed most.  We should be holding him up as a YSU classic hero instead of beating him up. 
Shame on the haters.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version