YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

GROVE: YSU’s defenders score highest on report card

<< < (4/9) > >>

go guins:
He has "committed" to at least 3 schools now, correct?  And yes, I am being judgmental on a transfer, with both physical issues and commitment issues (and perhaps geography issues if he thinks YSU is playing close to his Orlando FL home) .  They usually don't work out, but occasionally do.  Maybe I'm being too judgmental on Pollock, but paying attention to history is the best way to forecast the future, and most don't contribute much.  AND lest we forget, Irizarry stayed in school, got a degree and is working as an accountant.  MOST of these kids will never make a dime as an athlete, so it's good to see Louis finally "got it".

Penguin Ice:

--- Quote from: go guins on January 16, 2017, 03:51:57 PM ---He has "committed" to at least 3 schools now, correct?  And yes, I am being judgmental on a transfer, with both physical issues and commitment issues (and perhaps geography issues if he thinks YSU is playing close to his Orlando FL home) .  They usually don't work out, but occasionally do.  Maybe I'm being too judgmental on Pollock, but paying attention to history is the best way to forecast the future, and most don't contribute much.  AND lest we forget, Irizarry stayed in school, got a degree and is working as an accountant.  MOST of these kids will never make a dime as an athlete, so it's good to see Louis finally "got it".

--- End quote ---

What physical issues? He played at the highest level of High School football is Florida and was all state as a Junior. Wasn't both wide receivers this year, Bailey and Patterson transfers and both are from Florida. As far as Pollock being away from home. According to his Rutgers profile his father grew up in Northeastern PA and his mother is from Ohio.
Commitment issues, you know nothing about the kid or recruiting obviously. He committed to Miss State as a Freshman and then left Rutgers because of a coaching change.

go guins:

--- Quote from: Penguin Ice on January 16, 2017, 04:04:19 PM ---
--- Quote from: go guins on January 16, 2017, 03:51:57 PM ---He has "committed" to at least 3 schools now, correct?  And yes, I am being judgmental on a transfer, with both physical issues and commitment issues (and perhaps geography issues if he thinks YSU is playing close to his Orlando FL home) .  They usually don't work out, but occasionally do.  Maybe I'm being too judgmental on Pollock, but paying attention to history is the best way to forecast the future, and most don't contribute much.  AND lest we forget, Irizarry stayed in school, got a degree and is working as an accountant.  MOST of these kids will never make a dime as an athlete, so it's good to see Louis finally "got it".

--- End quote ---

What physical issues? He played at the highest level of High School football is Florida and was all state as a Junior. Wasn't both wide receivers this year, Bailey and Patterson transfers and both are from Florida. As far as Pollock being away from home. According to his Rutgers profile his father grew up in Northeastern PA and his mother is from Ohio.
Commitment issues, you know nothing about the kid or recruiting obviously. He committed to Miss State as a Freshman and then left Rutgers because of a coaching change.

--- End quote ---
HIGH SCHOOL: Battled through injuries during senior campaign...helped the Panthers to a 9-4 record and an appearance in the regional final…competed in the Offense-Defense All-American Bowl in Daytona Beach, Fla….named 2014 FACA All-District...as a junior, collected 94 tackles, 14 TFLs, six sacks, two blocked kicks, an interception and defensive touchdown registered 86 tackles, 17 TFLs, eight sacks and two forced fumbles during sophomore season...named 2013 Class 8A All-State by FloridaHSFootball...competed on the USA U-18 team, serving as a team captain...named the Most Valuable Player of the 2012 National Underclassmen Combine in Orlando, Fla....consensus three-star recruit...No. 9 inside linebacker in Florida and rated No. 61 at his position in the country by Scout...rated the 89th-best linebacker by ESPN...a top-150 recruit in the Sunshine State by 247Sports...coach was Rodney Wells.

Penguin Ice:

--- Quote from: go guins on January 16, 2017, 04:10:17 PM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
HIGH SCHOOL: Battled through injuries during senior campaign...helped the Panthers to a 9-4 record and an appearance in the regional final…competed in the Offense-Defense All-American Bowl in Daytona Beach, Fla….named 2014 FACA All-District...as a junior, collected 94 tackles, 14 TFLs, six sacks, two blocked kicks, an interception and defensive touchdown registered 86 tackles, 17 TFLs, eight sacks and two forced fumbles during sophomore season...named 2013 Class 8A All-State by FloridaHSFootball...competed on the USA U-18 team, serving as a team captain...named the Most Valuable Player of the 2012 National Underclassmen Combine in Orlando, Fla....consensus three-star recruit...No. 9 inside linebacker in Florida and rated No. 61 at his position in the country by Scout...rated the 89th-best linebacker by ESPN...a top-150 recruit in the Sunshine State by 247Sports...coach was Rodney Wells.

--- End quote ---

And what's your point. 8A- All State Junior Year
Number 61 ILB in the country. 89th best linebacker in the country by ESPN.
Like I said I will take 20 of him

go guins:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---
Mississippi State (1) Rutgers (2) YSU (3) let's check my math, 1 + 1 + 1 = 3 then I am correct, aren't I, he committed to 3 schools?  Quitting over a coaching change makes me suspicious. And not only is your math questionable, but your geography seems to be severely challenged.  If his father grew up in NE PA but lives in FL, then Youngstown would not be my idea of playing close to his home.  Rutgers is much closer to where his father used to be?!??!?
Physically issues were documented on the YSU website.  You might want to look.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version