Author Topic: YSU vs James Madison for the National Championship  (Read 91220 times)

ValleyTalk

Re: YSU vs James Madison for the National Championship
« Reply #45 on: December 20, 2016, 07:47:19 AM »
BO PELINI.... Making YSU Football Great Again!

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 20, 2016, 08:45:09 AM »
Wow, 7 suspended players for JMU. Starting WR and LB are 2 of them.

Offline dirtydukes

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 20, 2016, 09:17:10 AM »

They were all suspended before NDSU - our 2nd string LB came in and had 16 tackles.  The guy who made the game winning catch was our #1 WR's backup. 

As for your DLine, we've faced some pretty good ones this year - UNC, Villanova, UR, supposedly SHSU (but lol) and NDSU.  I'm excited to see how our OLine does against you.

As for the 06 game, I understand taht you guys felt we were disrespectful, but I've never been around a bigger group of sore winners than you all.  Our walk back to the bus was full of people cursing and throwing things at us.  After you won.  So I understand where a lot of the animosity from JMU fans comes from.  It also came from us being a defacto #5 seed and getting sent to the #4. 

Offline THEsocalledfan

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 20, 2016, 09:35:03 AM »
If any of you JMU fans can tell your moderator I applied for the JMU site 3 days ago and my application is still not approved.  Very appreciated; can't find any way to ask what is up on the site.

Offline dirtydukes

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 20, 2016, 09:41:42 AM »
If any of you JMU fans can tell your moderator I applied for the JMU site 3 days ago and my application is still not approved.  Very appreciated; can't find any way to ask what is up on the site.

It's not our site - CSNBBS is a privately owned site and the mods on our board don't do approval - I can PM the main guy though to see if he can approve - do you have the same handle over there? 

Offline HappyPenguin

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 20, 2016, 09:53:21 AM »

They were all suspended before NDSU - our 2nd string LB came in and had 16 tackles.  The guy who made the game winning catch was our #1 WR's backup. 

As for your DLine, we've faced some pretty good ones this year - UNC, Villanova, UR, supposedly SHSU (but lol) and NDSU.  I'm excited to see how our OLine does against you.

As for the 06 game, I understand taht you guys felt we were disrespectful, but I've never been around a bigger group of sore winners than you all.  Our walk back to the bus was full of people cursing and throwing things at us.  After you won.  So I understand where a lot of the animosity from JMU fans comes from.  It also came from us being a defacto #5 seed and getting sent to the #4.

Dana Holgorsen of WVU said something along the lines of our DE were as good as he's seen, so yeah probably better than the likes of Nova and UR. I hope they are healthy and you can judge for yourself.

I have no tolerance for it, but even you have to admit that the post game treatment had to be the result of the in game antics, at least to some degree. No offense but biggest jerks I've seen short of GaSo, and that was in the 90's.

The 2 TD board nonsense sounds like there are some bitter pills left unswallowed.

Offline dirtydukes

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 20, 2016, 10:11:14 AM »

Dana Holgorsen of WVU said something along the lines of our DE were as good as he's seen, so yeah probably better than the likes of Nova and UR. I hope they are healthy and you can judge for yourself.

I have no tolerance for it, but even you have to admit that the post game treatment had to be the result of the in game antics, at least to some degree. No offense but biggest jerks I've seen short of GaSo, and that was in the 90's.

The 2 TD board nonsense sounds like there are some bitter pills left unswallowed.

Not sure what in game antics you mean?  Mickey was always animated, and our fans were loud and supportive of our team.  If anything, there were some calls that went the home team's way, as is to be expected. 

I'll be honest, I think we win by a lot.  It's no disrespect to you guys but going in and dominating NDSU in the FargoDome has given us a lot confidence.  Of course, that's why you play the game. 

For me the biggest deciding factor is that no one has shut down both sides of our offense all year - if someone keys in on the run we throw like crazy and vice versa.  A wet day where it's hard to get a handle on the ball sure would change my opinion. 

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: December 20, 2016, 01:56:30 PM »

Not sure what in game antics you mean?  Mickey was always animated, and our fans were loud and supportive of our team.  If anything, there were some calls that went the home team's way, as is to be expected. 

I'll be honest, I think we win by a lot.  It's no disrespect to you guys but going in and dominating NDSU in the FargoDome has given us a lot confidence.  Of course, that's why you play the game. 

For me the biggest deciding factor is that no one has shut down both sides of our offense all year - if someone keys in on the run we throw like crazy and vice versa.  A wet day where it's hard to get a handle on the ball sure would change my opinion.

What's a lot?
And how much money do you have?
I will be there so you and I can settle the bet there.

Offline Madisonman

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 20, 2016, 02:58:03 PM »
No one has stopped Khalid all year and I don't see that changing Jan. 7th.

Offline Buddy

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2016, 03:25:01 PM »
EWU said the same stuff last week...

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2016, 04:08:39 PM »
Is the rumor true about 7 JMU players being suspended?

They were suspended for the NDSU game as well. Same team that beat the Bison will be playing us.

Offline dirtydukes

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 20, 2016, 05:04:28 PM »

What's a lot?

17 points?  I won't bet money but I'll bet you a bottle of whiskey?

Offline Double ET

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 20, 2016, 05:20:27 PM »
Is the rumor true about 7 JMU players being suspended?

They were suspended for the NDSU game as well. Same team that beat the Bison will be playing us.

Does anyone know for sure that our 5 suspended players are not going to play for the championship game? I don't know if this has anything to do with the suspension. The academic semester is officially over the day after the EWU game. We are now technically into the next semester.
However, I thought someone on this board had suggested that the suspension would last for 6 months or half a season into next year. Is that true?

Offline Penguin Ice

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2016, 06:56:26 PM »

What's a lot?

17 points?  I won't bet money but I'll bet you a bottle of whiskey?

Bottle of Whiskey works for me

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2016, 07:15:10 PM »

Ladies and gentlemen, welcome to the 1st Annual United Cannabis Corporation Suspension Bowl, live from Frisco Texas. 

GO GUINS
THE DRIVE FOR 5