Author Topic: YSU vs James Madison for the National Championship  (Read 90673 times)

Offline BishopsFather2310

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
Re: YSU vs James Madison for the National Championship
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2016, 10:35:37 AM »
I'm ready.  Let's go GUINS!
Please tell me where you gat that flag??? It would look unbelievable in my game/sports memorabilia room!!!

Please be careful with that. The YSU athletic department might come after you for "trademark violation" as they did to us, the YSU academic colleges.
I'm talking about at my house!

ytowngirl

« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2016, 12:18:48 PM »
I'm ready.  Let's go GUINS!
Please tell me where you gat that flag??? It would look unbelievable in my game/sports memorabilia room!!!

Please be careful with that. The YSU athletic department might come after you for "trademark violation" as they did to us, the YSU academic colleges.
I'm talking about at my house!

I designed them and printed them and currently working with the licensing company to get them licensed.  The process is painful.  PM me if you'd like one. 

Offline THEsocalledfan

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile

Offline cx500d

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 18, 2016, 03:11:27 PM »
Tix for $52 for the game: https://fcs.flashseats.com/default.aspx?pid=18&ec=9000000000016140&ss=47

While there are no real bad seats at Toyota Stadium, most of these are the worst ones available (deep corners).  There are plenty of face value tickets available on the 30 yard lines.

Absolutely true; There really aren't any bad seats.  There are only ~ 30 rows, so even from the top row you get great views.  Sections 103-109 and 124-130 are the best.  The rest are OK, but from ~ 10 yd line to goal line.

Offline cx500d

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 18, 2016, 03:21:38 PM »
BTW, I'm a Bison alum that lives 20 miles away from the stadium so I have been to all the games in Frisco.  I'll go to support YSU if somebody fronts me a YSU ballcap (hopefully in the midst of the JMU side) or tells me where your pregame festivities are so I can buy one if your bookstore has a store down there like NDSU brings.  I can't root for JMU, sorry.

Do the MVFC proud and regain your title!  Go Guins!

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 18, 2016, 06:07:29 PM »
Hi, Penguins. JMU fan here. I look forward to a great game in Frisco. I was rooting for you against EWU because I remember vividly our last meeting in 2006.

Welcome bulldogg, that game in 2006 was something. It was the only time I saw one of our fans chased out of the stadium by the cops.  :o
i was at that game--wasn't it one of our posters that the cops tried to harass?

Offline peteonastick

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 18, 2016, 06:51:16 PM »
There will not be a radio show tomorrow - they are moving it to the week before the game.  Also - I see on the JMU site they are starting their ragging on Bo and the state of Ohio and the city of Youngstown - If I remember correctly, they were the most ignorant fans about Youngstown and Ohio from when we beat them in 2006.  I would expect the same from many of them since they think their s*** doesn't stink and believe they are the chosen ones.  They will be trolling soon. 

GO GUINS
THE DRIVE FOR 5

Offline Madisonman

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 18, 2016, 09:23:48 PM »
Congrats on an incredibly gutsy win!.....the cold, the comeback, the catch.....really something else. I was rooting for you because I dreaded playing against EW and their passing game, esp. that Cooper Kupp dude but it looks like you guys have a pretty good balanced run/pass attack, kinda like us.
I imagine we will be favored, esp. after we stunned the champs in their terror dome in Fargo. We fans can get overconfident, I just home the team doesn't! What are ya'll going to do to stop Khalid?!

Offline IAA Fan

• Administrator
  • Emperor Penguin
  • Bring Coke back to YSU!!
    • View Profile
    • ysupenguins.com
« Reply #23 on: December 18, 2016, 11:10:33 PM »
Let's remember that JMU has a new coach. It was that Mickey Matthews that came in here in 2006 with the mouth. Their fans were loud but good. We were just not used to having opposing fans making noise when we have the ball. He was upset that he had to travel, but he needs to realize that this was the TV game for ESPN2, so they picked two clubs that might not have normally faced that early. YSU is remarkably-well set-up for media. Matthews post-game commentary was rude an unacceptable ...lose with some class. How could you insult a QB, especially that just beat you?

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 18, 2016, 11:26:28 PM »
I sat in the middle of the JMU student section during that playoff game, they were extremely loud until near the end of the game when you could hear a pin drop when my big mouth was momentarily silent.Most of their fans were extremely obnoxious also but I half expected that at their age--their coach Mickey Matthews was a complete jacka$$.
« Last Edit: December 18, 2016, 11:28:00 PM by DavedS »

ytowngirl

« Reply #25 on: December 19, 2016, 12:57:19 AM »
Just read their message board.  They seem like an awful bitter bunch of people for a loss in a football game in 2006.  Sound like a bunch of ********s.  And knocking Tressel for sticking up for players is disgusting.  Most if not all NCAA coaches do the same thing. 

Offline ytownchief22

• Emperor Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 19, 2016, 09:56:16 AM »
Let them be over confident. Just like the EWU fans were. We can do our talking on the field as always.

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 19, 2016, 09:57:05 AM »
Just read their message board.  They seem like an awful bitter bunch of people for a loss in a football game in 2006.  Sound like a bunch of ********s.  And knocking Tressel for sticking up for players is disgusting.  Most if not all NCAA coaches do the same thing.
I'm sure they will always be bitter about that game--they came in here arrogant and thought they were invincible.

Offline dirtydukes

• Rock Hopper Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 19, 2016, 10:32:36 AM »
Hey guys,

Funny that I still remembered my password from this site back in 2006. 

Congrats on an amazing win (what a f***ing catch) and looking forward to talking some football in the next few weeks.  Before you think I'm a troll the Dirty in my username comes from being a lifelong Falcons fan growing up in GA - so it's Dirty South.  Regardless, we've got an amazing team and we're very confident, something I gather you all are as well - deservedly so. 

I'll be watching some video of you all the next few weeks but in the meantime, what are your strengths?  I saw some generalized stats for stuff on our boards but I know you guys are a team that has come together in the later part of the season. 

To me the biggest matchup will be our O-Line versus your D-Line.  I'm looking forward to the battle of your Passing O versus our Passing D as well. 

I was one of the students in the stands in 06, and while that loss was brutal for us, most JMU fans respect YSU's history.  Glad to see you all making a resurgence. 

Cheers, Dirty

Offline DavedS

• King Penguin
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 19, 2016, 10:58:21 AM »
I'm sure JMU does have a lot of class fans Dirty--welcome back to the board!