YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Guins vs. Coyotes

(1/15) > >>

coyotefan:
Hey guys, USD guy here, just got done watching the replay of some of your game last night. I know Robert Morris isn't very good, so hard to gauge just how you will match-up with us, but considering you held on with WVU, it looks like we will have our hands full.

Things I noticed from small amount of game I watched:

Trent Hosick is an athletic QB who can evade a solid rush and make defenses pay for it. Again, my sample size is small in what I saw, but his accuracy in throwing looked just OK, but he seems to be more of a running QB which would be the reason.

Martin Ruiz is fast, and can quickly make it past that first level for a solid gain. USD's D-line is somewhat inconsistent, so that worries me most about Ruiz.

Defensive rush is solid. Put a lot of pressure on Bobby Morris's QB.

Whenever you guys start a YSU/USD thread, I'll add more, but looking forward to starting conference play in two weeks. Good luck, guys!

*EDIT* I noticed some talk of you guys wanting to leave the MVFC. As an MVFC fan, I believe you guys are integral to the difficulty of the MVFC. I would be disappointed if you guys left the conference for the much inferior NEC.

Wick250:
Coyotefan.  Welcome.  Looking forward to some intelligent conversation next week.  For now you should know that we played the Robert Morris game without our starting quarterback who was out with a concussion.  He will return for South Dakota.  Also, we rotate two running backs, one of whom....the really fast one....was also on the shelf but will return for the contest with your team.  The offense that you will face will be substantially different from what you watched against Robert Morris.  We also are aware of the amount of points that you are scoring.

ytownchief22:
Fellas are healing up nicely, ready to go for next week!

HappyPenguin:

--- Quote from: coyotefan on September 18, 2016, 04:28:10 PM ---Hey guys, USD guy here, just got done watching the replay of some of your game last night. I know Robert Morris isn't very good, so hard to gauge just how you will match-up with us, but considering you held on with WVU, it looks like we will have our hands full.

Trent Hosick is an athletic QB who can evade a solid rush and make defenses pay for it. Again, my sample size is small in what I saw, but his accuracy in throwing looked just OK, but he seems to be more of a running QB which would be the reason.

Martin Ruiz is fast, and can quickly make it past that first level for a solid gain. USD's D-line is somewhat inconsistent, so that worries me most about Ruiz.

Whenever you guys start a YSU/USD thread, I'll add more, but looking forward to starting conference play in two weeks. Good luck, guys!

*EDIT* I noticed some talk of you guys wanting to leave the MVFC. As an MVFC fan, I believe you guys are integral to the difficulty of the MVFC. I would be disappointed if you guys left the conference for the much inferior NEC.

--- End quote ---

What should we watch for from your guys?

ysubigred:

--- Quote from: HappyPenguin on September 23, 2016, 01:39:29 PM ---
--- Quote from: coyotefan on September 18, 2016, 04:28:10 PM ---Hey guys, USD guy here, just got done watching the replay of some of your game last night. I know Robert Morris isn't very good, so hard to gauge just how you will match-up with us, but considering you held on with WVU, it looks like we will have our hands full.

--- End quote ---

What should we watch for from your guys?

--- End quote ---

Hey Happy, tell Karl Hungus to call me!

USD will be a hand full for our secondary. I don't think a ton of points will be scored in this one!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version