YSU Penguin Athletics > YSU Penguin Athletics

Countdown to 2016 FB Season!

<< < (51/73) > >>

penguinpower:
Why did the QB's get knocked out of the games?

We run a stupid spread.  Against good defenses you are screwed

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on August 19, 2016, 07:17:47 AM ---If Trent picked Charleston Southern over YSU he would be the starting quarterback to open up against the Bison in Fargo and be playing for one of the best teams in the big south. He just needs to keep his head up and keep working. I do feel Monty has a plan for him in a limited role this season. Trent was the only Juco quarterback offered by YSU. I also think we could have done a better job after looking at some of the quarterbacks that came off the board the first week of signing day..missed opportunities, but I still feel this is not a wasted scholarship

--- End quote ---

Good points accept you assume Monty wanted another QB. I strongly suggest that is not the case. Have you seen Mays? He is further ahead of Wells.when we started Wells. Yes, coach M may have had a major role is which QB was recruited, but I do not think he initiated things.

FOOTBALLFEVER:
Fan, This is not the case and I even stated that over the winter. I know the last thing Monty wanted to do was jump on a plane and go west and bring in another qb because I know what Mays is about plus he is mobile . Bo has a love affair with running quarterbacks and has had one his entire coaching career. It's the Bo show around here and Bo was familiar with Trent from his time at Nebraska and didn't even really look at anyone else . Bo will expect Trent to see the field..What's shane going to say No coach!!

IAA Fan:

--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on August 19, 2016, 09:24:53 AM ---Fan, This is not the case and I even stated that over the winter. I know the last thing Monty wanted to do was jump on a plane and go west and bring in another qb because I know what Mays is about plus he is mobile . Bo has a love affair with running quarterbacks and has had one his entire coaching career. It's the Bo show around here and Bo was familiar with Trent from his time at Nebraska and didn't even really look at anyone else . Bo will expect Trent to see the field..What's shane going to say No coach!!

--- End quote ---

Good post Fever. I understand what you are saying. Factor in that coach M likes to break things up with some option (even if it is simple pitch and run) ...perhaps Hosick is the best at this.

mayor:

--- Quote from: IAA Fan on August 19, 2016, 11:48:00 AM ---
--- Quote from: FOOTBALLFEVER on August 19, 2016, 09:24:53 AM ---Fan, This is not the case and I even stated that over the winter. I know the last thing Monty wanted to do was jump on a plane and go west and bring in another qb because I know what Mays is about plus he is mobile . Bo has a love affair with running quarterbacks and has had one his entire coaching career. It's the Bo show around here and Bo was familiar with Trent from his time at Nebraska and didn't even really look at anyone else . Bo will expect Trent to see the field..What's shane going to say No coach!!

--- End quote ---

Good post Fever. I understand what you are saying. Factor in that coach M likes to break things up with some option (even if it is simple pitch and run) ...perhaps Hosick is the best at this.

--- End quote ---
I was just wondering, have you guys seen Trent play at all?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version